Please help: need an expert [a: clearer image needed]

(9 posts)
  1. PraiseworthyJoy

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 2:13:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Had an appointment with a k9 but they can't search since there is de everywhere in the house, and I stumbled on this. Please help me determine this bug. Thank you. https://imgur.com/gallery/u7wbs
    https://imgur.com/a/fm1pR

2. F. Pazos

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 4:28:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I would need a better picture to be capable to give a definitive Id.
    In the Help1 album, i see a very possible bed bug.
    In the Help2 album, i can see a picture of a coin with something next to it.
    I would suggest that you get a PCO or send a better photo of the bug... maybe someone with a better piece of equipment than mine to see photos can give you a more definitive Id.
    I would say 95% sure it is a bed bug from what I can see

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  3. PraiseworthyJoy

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 6:11:58
    #

Login to Send PM

F pazos thank you for your response, the little black object next to the coin is the "bedbug". Is that how a nymph is shaped?i will have to clean all of the diamataceous earth in our house prior to the pco to come with their dog.

4. PraiseworthyJoy

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 6:39:45
    #

Login to Send PM

https://imgur.com/gallery/NTwlX

Here is another link and upload

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 6:57:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Still a clearer, as in "in focus" image needed to confirm but its highly likely to be bed bug or close relative.

You may find it easier to compare the finer details with the example image below:

Slide21 by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. PraiseworthyJoy

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 7:10:59
    #

Login to Send PM

David:
    Thank you for your prompt response. This is the clearest picture I could take. I wasn't sure since the bb is so small size of poppy seed and so dark. I could barely make it out to be a bug. Will definitely try to upload anything else and clean de so the canine pco can come out. Appreciate it

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 12:09:29
    #

Login to Send PM

"F. Pazos:
    In the Help1 album, i see a very possible bed bug."
    I'd have to say I don't see any bed bug in any picture.

PraiseworthyJoy - maybe you can add more light while taking the picture and steady the camera/phone so there is no vibration. See if you can set to highest resolution and largest picture size.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. crossroads

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 13:17:56
    #

Login to Send PM

An additional suggestion, if you're using a phone or tablet, you could try a specialized macro camera app, instead of the standard camera app.

I've been trying an Android app which claims 30x magnification:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mesi.macroshooting
    It works pretty well and is very simple to use (you have to put up with a few ads though!) I expect similar apps would be available for iPhone.

Yes, I can get the same magnification with the stock camera app and then digitally zooming the image afterwards. But if you are not confident with such techniques, using a macro app eliminates all the work, and makes the necessary adjustments for you.

9. F. Pazos

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Apr 14 2017 23:28:49
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 day ago  » 
    "F. Pazos:
    In the Help1 album, i see a very possible bed bug."
    I'd have to say I don't see any bed bug in any picture.
    PraiseworthyJoy - maybe you can add more light while taking the picture and steady the camera/phone so there is no vibration. See if you can set to highest resolution and largest picture size.

Thank you Lou... Once that is said, I have just seen the new picture, and would be amazing if you could tell us all what that is... I am always learning, and once you are the most instructed in the matter, some further input would be highly appreciated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,386 posts in 40,546 topics over 123 months by 17,741 of 18,101 members. Latest: hopeful77, omgwhut, jadew077