Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Please help!! I'm losing sleep, and I'm losing my mind...

(7 posts)
  1. MonstersExistInMyBed

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Jun 15 2017 5:01:14
    #

Login to Send PM

So.. I'm new here. This is my first post and I already know that we have bed bugs. I've not only seen them, but I've inspected my house for them and have found ample evidence. It's been about 2 or 3 months since I found out we have them but in retrospect, I am pretty positive we've had them since we have moved into our place, (2 years ago, in September!).. the reason why I think we've had them that long is because my husband and I noticed bites on us and our children since we've moved in, (the duplex we live in was already furnished which we thought would be great because we didn't have any furniture anyway). We didn't suspect bed bugs because we didn't really know anything about bed bugs until I saw the first bugs a few months back. I saw a bug crawling on my pillow or of the corner of my eye, so I sat up real quick and saw a little reddish brown bug quickly crawl across my pillow. I picked it up with a piece of toilet paper and flushed it down the toilet. Didn't think too much about it.. as I was laying down, (had my baby laying next to me in my bed), I saw another one crawling towards my baby. Grabbed it with TP, put it in a container, and searched online for what it could be. To my horror, they were DEFINITELY bed bugs!! Both of the bugs I found crawling on my bed that night were adult bed bugs. I researched and researched everything I could find on them.. called an exterminator and got quoted at $5000 or more!!! What the fudge biscuits?! Who in the world can afford to pay for complete eradication of these useless bastard bugs?? We can't! So here we are, months later.. having been bitten over and over, my poor children itching day and night, my husband and I losing our ever fracking minds! What can we do???? We have VERY limited funds, and no one to help us! This is a miserable and horrific nightmare.. does it EVER end??? 😭😭😭

2. MonstersExistInMyBed

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Jun 15 2017 5:08:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Forgot to mention that I looked up online how to search the beds and couches for the little asshats and found fecal spots, eggs, skin castings, and more live bugs.. and it's getting worse because I have no way to treat them. I can't live like this anymore, I'm going to lose it!! I might need to go to a nut house as it is already. My kids think I'm crazy because when I find live bed bugs, I laugh maniacally and talk to the bed bugs telling them I'm going to kill them or that they're going to die.. 😂😮😨

3. Mawiwala

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Jun 15 2017 5:39:03
    #

Login to Send PM

What did you try until now? Did you try Cimexa?

4. MonstersExistInMyBed

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Jun 15 2017 13:15:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Considering we are..um, well, kind of poor I guess, I haven't tried a whole lot. I have tried what I can. Which is just alcohol and I have wrapped 1 bed in plastic, (the plastic drop cloths for painting). I just ordered diatomaceous earth and got it yesterday but I read that you can't eradicate them just by using that so I don't know what to do other than that. I can't heat treat unless I took my hair dryer plugged into an extension cord around my house lol. Which I'm very close to trying because I'm desperate! What is Cimexa?

5. mp7ski

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Jun 15 2017 17:54:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa is a dessicant dust like diatomaceous earth but it's more effective and kills quicker. It's also rather inexpensive.

Alcohol only works on contact so you pretty much have to see the bug and spray it for it to be effective. It's also dangerous to use as people have actually burned their house down using it.

The longer you wait the harder it will be to get control of the situation. Research the diy section on this forum and come up with a plan.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  6. bedbuggin

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Jun 16 2017 0:48:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you rent or own? If you rent your landlord should pay for treatment, although depending on your location you may have to pay him back if you brought them in.
    Have you tried steam cleaning? You can get a handheld steamer for under $40 on amazon and just do every crevice and the furniture and basically ANYWHERE they could be. Also, amazon has twin bed bug protection covers for 14.99! I don't know how tight your funds are but that is way cheaper than the store, I saw them at Kmart today for $40. Finally, get another quote. My heat treatment costed about $5000, but I also did a chemical treatment for $650.
    Hope this helps! Good luck

7. Livingagain

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Jun 16 2017 6:36:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa will be more important to you than any steamer. Research all the places you can put it, including around bed legs, around the edge of the carpet, behind beds and sofas, in cracks and crevices of sofas.

But getting a pro treatment first would be good. The bugs could have come from a neighbor and then your landlord would be responsible, so you should contact him. But definitely get Cimexa it's possibly cheaper than that diatomaceous earth that you got.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,460 posts in 41,314 topics over 126 months by 18,100 of 18,520 members. Latest: kellykline, canadaday, Chibenny1980