(5 posts)
  1. fed-up1

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Apr 24 2017 15:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    My small apt building had a bedbug infestation several years ago. The previous landlord hired an exterminator that came in about twice a month for several months. He sprayed the corners and baseboards of every room in every apt with liquid from a little canister with attached hose. Each room only took about five minutes, and we did not even have to leave. Unfortunately I don't remember his name or the company name, but I would love to know what type of treatment this could've been? It took months, but it was very convenient and we remained bedbug free for years.

Now the neighbors across the hall have brought them back. The new landlord insists on using a company whose (time consuming and very stressful) treatments to my apt have been ineffective because the neighbor refuses to leave his home for the five hour treatment. The landlords just shrug their shoulders and say they can't make him agree to it, which I find ridiculous. More treatments from this company would be useless if only half the building is done. I am trying to find either the previous company, or the method they use, to potentially hire them myself until I can deal with these neighbors.

Any help in identifying the treatment would be very appreciated. This is in NJ btw.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Apr 24 2017 16:05:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so we know it was in liquid form. That doesn't narrow down the field very much.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Apr 24 2017 16:15:02
    #

Login to Send PM

The industry term would be - baseboard jockey

4. F. Pazos

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Apr 24 2017 23:17:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow.... 5 minutes per bedroom does not seem very thorough

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Apr 24 2017 23:27:36
    #

Login to Send PM

a.k.a. spray and pray...

If you want to find a cheap company that sprays a residual for months, that shouldn't be too hard to replicate. That said, a competent company that uses more than one method and takes a bit more time might not cost any more.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,513 posts in 44,038 topics over 133 months by 19,284 of 19,912 members. Latest: Aegis_, paulsinn, emeralddragonfly