(4 posts)
  1. terrifiedandanxious

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 17:09:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

It looks like my last post disappeared or at least I can no longer see it so I thought I would post again.

I found the below bug on my wall near the molding by the floor. It has what looks to be a mouth. Comparing it to a bed bug nymph, I do not think this is one but of course am very scared and want to double check.

IMG_2172 by Kathy Smith, on Flickr

IMG_2171 by Kathy Smith, on Flickr

IMG_2189 by Kathy Smith, on Flickr
    this is an image of it on it's back

Also, I found this bug on my quilt on my bed. Again, looks to have a distinct mouth. Both of these we VERY tiny and could be confused for dust if you weren't looking for them. Please help confirm what these are.

IMG_2193 by Kathy Smith, on Flickr

Thank you!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 17:51:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Look like pictures of book louse. It's difficult to take good pictures of small insects. The winged ones sound interesting, if I remember from your other posting. Try lined or graph paper as the background so the camera/phone has something to focus on.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. terrifiedandanxious

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 15:23:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey - to follow up, I was able to get some more photos and they look like the images of book louse from Google. See below for reference, these were taken with a magnifying glass.

IMG_2204 by Kathy Smith, on Flickr

IMG_2205 by Kathy Smith, on Flickr

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 21:15:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Definite book louse. Very clear pictures.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,302 posts in 40,880 topics over 124 months by 17,889 of 18,277 members. Latest: nobuggies4me2017, lucadms01, aaaaagh