PLEASE HELP! [a: not bed bug fecal]

(11 posts)
  1. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 12:54:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short. Inhav family come for Christmas who had confirmed bed bugs. Two weeks later we saw two bugs. We had a heat treatment, but a week later were getting bites. We got a K9 inspection that alerted. So we had another heat treatment a week before we moved. Now that we are in the home I have been seeing a few bumps here or there. Today after washing laundry I notice this on the inside of my sons onesie. I am literally shaking and in tears. The shirt was just washed so they look a little light. At the daycare you have to keep a change of clothes, this is a shirt that has been there a while but he hasnt needed it until last week. I dont know what to do! Are these fecal spots? His change of clothes is kepts in a container with a snap lid under his crib. I am so scared. I am literally crying. We are still paying for the first two thermal treatments!

2. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 13:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 13:14:09
    #

Login to Send PM

4. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 13:19:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Can I test with Bed bug Blue even after the items were washed in the washer?

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 14:56:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It does not appear to be faecal.

It appears to be what was fresh blood that has been through the wash a number of times. As such testing it with bed bug blue would not confirm bed bug it would/could confirm it was originally blood though but that information is of no assistance to you at this stage.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 15:05:24
    #

Login to Send PM

As I am further examining the blue onesie I am noticing that there are like brown specs that I can wipe away on most of the dots. Would that mean mold? Like the onesie was wet? The spots look brownish almost gray and they are over the inside of the onesie. I wouldd imagine if it was blood/fecal spots then the daycare would have seen that many bugs? The spots vary in sizes and are in the seems as well

7. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Mar 19 2017 15:15:13
    #

Login to Send PM

These are browing blackish specks that I was able to wipe away

These are spots that are left after some wiping of these brown specks.
    Im so lost. The shirt literally just came out of the dryer

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 days ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 7:11:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It does not appear to be faecal.

It appears to be what was fresh blood that has been through the wash a number of times. As such testing it with bed bug blue would not confirm bed bug it would/could confirm it was originally blood though but that information is of no assistance to you at this stage.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 days ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 7:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

New pics that also applies to.

David

10. barelyliving

Posted 3 days ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 7:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

It looks like mold to me, too. That would have to be a lot of bugs nesting in those things to be that much fecal material, I would think you would have to see shed skins and stuff, too, if it was really that much fecal. A container with a snap lid could encourage mold growth if something was damp.

11. Scaredtodeath6324

newbite

Posted 2 days ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 14:26:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David and barelyliving! Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

251,665 posts in 40,194 topics over 122 months by 17,600 of 17,935 members. Latest: Code9, Blackbird13, Kvakalyabra