Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Please Help, Carpet Beetle stress is killing me.

(4 posts)
  1. KodieD

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 23 2014 6:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

My parents keep trying to tell me that the bugs are nothing, telling me they're "all gone now" after we've replaced the sheets and threw out everything under my bed, but I always feel so anxious in my own room. Everytime I come home I compulsively search all my belongings and the floor, and a few days ago I found a carpet beetle larvae on the side of my wall, and my parents still don't think much of it and don't even seem to be considering calling an exterminator or something. I don't know if I'm over-reacting or anything, but I'm pretty sure a larvae means EGGS, especially since there were a couple dead adult ones under my bed. Every single night I've been researching carpet beetles, and it's getting in the way of my sleep because I'm too afraid to. It's getting in the way of school and work. Today, I feel like I've been the most stressed because I saw tiny bundles of what looked like dust and brown flaky spots on some of my things. I saw some white too, and I read that Carpet Beetle eggs are white, so I threw it all into a big plastic bag. I just don't know what to do anymore because my parents think nothing of it, and it's gotten to the point where I just feel like crying as pathetic as that may sound. Does anybody have some suggestions for me?

2. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 23 2014 12:37:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Kodie,

I'm sorry you are so stressed, but the good news is that carpet beetles are fairly easy to take care of, and they do not bite. They do cause allergic reactions in some people. Thorough, regular cleaning should take care of the problem.

3. spicynat

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 1 2014 18:30:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

I understand how you feel. Because of the BBs I now see bugs everywhere. Each spot I see I think it's a BB. It's horrible! But I'm starting to feel better as I put some traps and haven't been bitten nor haven't seen a BB dead or alive since almost 2 weeks now.
    Maybe you could buy some glue traps and put some in your room? I mean if at some point there are no bugs at all in any trap it might reassure you?
    Hope you'll find a way to feel better about it.
    Take care.

4. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Dec 1 2014 21:37:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Capet beetle beats bed bug any day if the week for me. After my pco sprayed I found all kinds if weird things that the spray either killed or chased out of the walls. I also found a casing to a beetle larvae though the pco guy said it was a hide beetle.

I read up on these things and what I read is they eat dead bugs. So actually that made me wonder if they were there scarfing up the dead and dying bed bugs. Considered that way, it was actually quite soothing. My pco said most houses have a few hide or carpet beetles. To see them outside their hiding places makes me think the stuff my pco used--Temprid-- was working.

Does that help you at all? It's a bug eat bug world and I'll take the bugs that eat other bugs and not me, thank you.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,586 posts in 44,061 topics over 134 months by 19,297 of 19,927 members. Latest: sobernoodles, ridmybedbugs, Napier99