Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Playpen treatment?

(6 posts)
  1. vampiremenionprey

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 12:46:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so my husband and I are going out of town on thrusday. The playpen has been in his trunk for a while, but we can't remember if it's been there since the BB issue flaired up.

We're wondering what we should do to self treat it quickly and effectively. 91% alcohol and vaccume the crap out of it?

Not to mention we want to take is crib to storage since there are no signs of infestation on it. Thanks tons!

2. vampiremenionprey

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 12:47:18
    #

Login to Send PM

ps I'm kinda worried about going out of town...any advice?

3. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 13:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have a steamer? What kind of playpen is it? Wood or metal w/ fabric?

4. vampiremenionprey

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 14:02:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately I don't have a steamer, but I do have an iron! I haven't had any post replies to my iron vs steamer thread. it's metal with fabric. a pack n play

5. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 14:24:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a BB problem in a pack & play. It was difficult to treat because 1) too dangerous to use pesticide, 2) fabric is not removable 3) many hard to reach spots.

I would vacuum using the long attachment to reach into the pockets behind the fabric. Make sure you scrape as you vacuum to loosen any eggs. Dispose of vacuum bag properly and you can boil the vaccuum attachment to make sure you kill any sticky eggs that might be stuck to it. I'm not sure how safe it is to spray alcohol on fabric that is likely to end up in your child's mouth.

I believe there is a section in the FAQ's on decontamination. You should read that too.

What did I do in my situation? My sister was so disgusted that she sealed it and threw it out. She couldn't put her daughter back in there after finding clusters of eggs and several adults.

6. vampiremenionprey

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 17:11:13
    #

Login to Send PM

what about a pressure washer? one of the little hand held ones?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,256 posts in 29,422 topics over 90 months by 12,691 of 19,952 members. Latest: IvyGreene, Shawna weaver, SFgirl2345