Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Planning to move out my house for a while til i can afford professionnal.

(9 posts)
  1. xaywulf

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 18 2017 11:05:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    i'm a 19 years old boy and i'm living with my grandma, my uncle and our cat.
    Recently bedbugs were found in my bedroom and ONLY my bedroom, no bites on the others, only on me, i've spent so much time on my computer browsing and doing researches about bed bugs instead of sleeping since i've had them (estimation of 2 weeks infestation since the first bites were shown up.) I've learned that there are many effective ways to get rid of them but all the equipments would cost more than a professionnal treatment which i can't afford either right now since i hadn't planned a bed bug infestation and spent money on other stuff... I'm trying to get help from my family to pay the the treatment but in the meanwhile i'd like to move to another place, maybe at my auntie's.
    Don't worry i'm planning to wash and dry my clothes at high temperature and my bag too, and put them in a trashbag, take a shower and wear freshly dried clothes before going there.
    Do you think it is safe this way? Or do you think i should stay at home and keep suffering and being paranoïd, which would be the other way around if i left my house for a bit. I would be able to relax until i finally get the funds to get that professionnal treatment... There is diatomaceous earth all around my bedroom so the bugs don't crawl on my walls and i'm planning to leave some at my door so they don't get out and bite my family while i'm gone.
    Please tell me what you think i'm only 19 and i think there is more to life than thinking about filthy bugs crawling up on me and becoming a total sociopathic paranoïd guy. My life is only starting now and i'm already dealing with such bullshit... I need to leave my house because i've been going insane lately, i installed traps around my bed legs but still they can bite me when i'm on my computer which is always the case now that theres DE all over my room...
    I'd like serious answers based on your experiences if possible, or knowledge thank you.

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 18 2017 15:44:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a professional but if there are bed bugs in your room, and you leave, the bugs will find their next hosts, your grandmother and uncle, regardless of there being a line of diatomaceous earth between your room and them.

I realize you're only 19 but if the bed bugs are contained to your room, it sounds like you may have brought them in, and it hardly seems fair to hightail it outta there and leave them with the mess. Just sayin'. At 19, you are (probably) in much better shape physically to do the hard work that a thorough DIY job requires, if you/they can't afford a pro.

Diatomaceous earth is a crack & crevice treatment. Throwing it all around the room isn't going to be very effective : if they see it, they will avoid it. It has to be such a thin film that it is barely detectable. Additionally, it should only be used in areas where it won't be disturbed (cracks & crevices, voids) because breathing it in is not recommended.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 18 2017 23:57:52
    #

Login to Send PM

xaywulf - 12 hours ago  » 

Don't worry i'm planning to wash and dry my clothes at high temperature and my bag too, and put them in a trashbag, take a shower and wear freshly dried clothes before going there.
    Do you think it is safe this way? .

Yes-- if you are careful and thorough, it's possible to move safely. Moving isn't always the best idea but in your case it sounds like it may help your mental health. Use this FAQ as a resource for how not to spread bed bugs: http://bedbugger.com/2006/11/02/faq-how-not-to-spread-bed-bugs-to-others-when-you-visit-their-homes/

A few other comments on what you said here and elsewhere:

If your family is renting this home, it's worth looking into whether it's the labdlord's responsibility to hire a pro. This depends on local laws.

Don't assume your grandmother isn't already being bitten by bed bugs. Everyone doesn't react. Bed bug bites are an unreliable indicator. You need to look for bed bugs and fecal stains.

At the same time, if you're getting skin reactions two weeks after treatment started, it doesn't mean you're necessarily still being bitten. Bed bug bites are typically delayed reactions which occur hours, days, or weeks after the bite actually occurred.

So it's possible you still have bed bugs, but you may have few or none. If they are present, they will likely try to get to others in the home once you're gone.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. xaywulf

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 0:27:21
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 8 hours ago  » 
    I'm not a professional but if there are bed bugs in your room, and you leave, the bugs will find their next hosts, your grandmother and uncle, regardless of there being a line of diatomaceous earth between your room and them.
    I realize you're only 19 but if the bed bugs are contained to your room, it sounds like you may have brought them in, and it hardly seems fair to hightail it outta there and leave them with the mess. Just sayin'. At 19, you are (probably) in much better shape physically to do the hard work that a thorough DIY job requires, if you/they can't afford a pro.
    Diatomaceous earth is a crack & crevice treatment. Throwing it all around the room isn't going to be very effective : if they see it, they will avoid it. It has to be such a thin film that it is barely detectable. Additionally, it should only be used in areas where it won't be disturbed (cracks & crevices, voids) because breathing it in is not recommended.
    Hope this helps, and good luck.

Thank you, i didn't know about the DE part i didn't think they could detect it which would probably be the reason why i haven't found a single dead bedbug in DE but at the same time i can't see them on sight anymore, the little fuckers are smart compared to other insects, ontop of being the most obnoxious ones.
    I would do the job myself if i had all the material and i'm not allowed to wash/dry the clothes myself because my grandma is too strict... And the professionnal treatment seems much more interesting, i called the company yesterday and they had good reviews on google, people saying that they called many companies before calling them and only their treatment worked... Also he said one treatment and they're all gone and if it doesn't work the second treatment is free.
    So yeah i know it would be a bad idea to leave my room like that but either my landlord helps me, either i'll have to wait 2 weeks to afford the treatment, which is huge.

5. xaywulf

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 0:41:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't assume your grandmother isn't already being bitten by bed bugs. Everyone doesn't react. Bed bug bites are an unreliable indicator. You need to look for bed bugs and fecal stains.
    At the same time, if you're getting skin reactions two weeks after treatment started, it doesn't mean you're necessarily still being bitten. Bed bug bites are typically delayed reactions which occur hours, days, or weeks after the bite actually occurred.
    So it's possible you still have bed bugs, but you may have few or none. If they are present, they will likely try to get to others in the home once you're gone.

Really ?! Thank you so much because the other day i was at the gym working out and my butt started feeling very itchy, i thought i had been bitten during my workout which would mean they were in my boxers the whole time... i had 3 red areas with tiny bites on my butt a few hours later.
    Also since the events happened i checked everything in my room, my mattress has 0 bedbugs on it
    though, there was a tear in my boxspring and i was suspecting the bedbugs to hide in there i tried to check but i couldn't see everything due to the tear being a little small, so i fixed it yesterday, besides that i've seen in total 5 bedbugs in my room, two babies chilling in the corners of my room, a medium sized one found dead in my wardrobe, one was literally crawling on my wall in front of me when i was on my computer and a very very very tiny one was crawling on my boxspring, i haven't seen new fecal stains in days, i know how to detect fecal stains usually when i see something that looks like bed bug fecals i verify with my fingers.
    So, now the issue would be huge if my family got bitten instead of me but i really really want to move out for a while atleast a week... At the same time i don't want them to spread all over the house and if i'm not wrong, i'm the bait that's keeping them away from the others right?

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 0:51:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes-- your skin reactions may appear at the gym but the bites may have actually occurred hours, days or even a week or more before.

Again, I am not convinced no one else is being bitten. You should inspect other bedroom(s) and also sofa or other upholstered furniture in living room, etc. Look for visual signs. Many people are bitten but do not react to bed bug bites.

7. xaywulf

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 1:25:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, i will.
    I asked my family if they could help for the treatment and we'll see what they said, i might get rid of them very soon anyway, thank you very much i was feeling hella down when i learned that professionnal treatment was this expensive and was probably the safest way to get rid of them.
    Lol if i didn't do any further researches i would have applied DE only and left it there, you're all amazing i'll be fighting them relentlessly until they're all gone.

8. Livingagain

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 8:19:14
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are going to be DIYing it or if you get pro treatment and supplement it, you should use Cimexa instead of diatomaceous earth, it's more effective.

9. xaywulf

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jun 19 2017 14:28:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Livingagain - 6 hours ago  » 
    If you are going to be DIYing it or if you get pro treatment and supplement it, you should use Cimexa instead of diatomaceous earth, it's more effective.

Yeah i was thinking about it, after the professionnal treatment i'm planning to apply DE again so i can be safe for good and as soon as i get more money i'll get cimexa and replace the DE with it. Good idea?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,292 posts in 42,113 topics over 127 months by 18,485 of 18,971 members. Latest: Completely terrified, Worried99, K_p