Pin prick bites!?

(3 posts)
  1. christyyyy

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 21 2011 7:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone, I posted a while back about having a reaction to almost a hundred bug bites (which I thought were bed bugs) but are most likely mosquito or sand flea bites. Since then, I've been realllllllly paranoid about any itches and marks I get on my skin. It seems since then, I've had numerous little marks. All were tiny and didn't itch or did itch but didn't show up as a mark so I kinda ignored them, but this afternoon, I noticed about 6 pin prick itchy marks on my chest. They were itchy but it was itchy from the inside if that makes sense. What scared me most is they are about 5cm apart and sort of linear. They don't hurt and aren't swollen and don't itch intensely (like my hundred bites did) but I'm getting super paranoid.

I know everyone reacts differently to bed bug bites, but I was wondering if anyone has had just pin prick itchy marks? I haven't found any evidence of bed bugs although I feel as if something is crawling on me at all times when I'm in my bed. I'm becoming miserable I'm going overseas next week and instead of being excited, I'm worried about sleeping in an infested hotel..

2. Rosae

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 21 2011 12:19:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I have them too. Solitary pin pricks, on my stomach and on my chest. I don't know if they are caused by insects. Maybe bug bites, or maybe caused by a reaction of a few skin cells to something else, yet unknown.

Don't let it spoil your life. Do your best to take precautions but enjoy your vacation. It's precious time of your life that will never return and you will regret it if you give it away to some stupid tiny insect or something that doesn't really exist. Don't let it win.

Have a nice trip overseas!

3. BEETLEJUICE

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 21 2011 14:34:08
    #

Login to Send PM

not sure but it sounds very similar to shingles.

i posted this a few weeks back but was poo-poo'd by another poster stating the thread was old and shouldn't have been responded to.

i dealt with this a few years back. very painful. of course i also had to have the lesser common more painful version...but on the bright side this type isn't prone to "roaming the body".

for me it started with a very bad burning sensation going through my chest...like a hot poker being shoved through me and then for about two weeks it felt like hundreds of needles were being shoved into my back on the area where the virus was working its way out of my body.

it also never fully goes away and can come back during periods of extreme stress. in the middle of treating for bed bugs i began getting that "hot poker" sensation but fortunately it didn't progress further than that.

i started a thread dealing with mysterious itchy scalp...shingles was one possibility i considered but whatever it was for me a little tea tree oil dabbed onto my problem area cleared it right up.

sucks but you should go talk to a doctor about this and don't make the mistake i made in going to an emergency room...costs way too much money.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,145 posts in 31,022 topics over 94 months by 13,443 of 20,849 members. Latest: senses123, So Mad, joshc