Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Pimples from temprid or stress?

(6 posts)
  1. Lostinbedbuggery

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 6:05:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I am 2 weeks without bb signs (moved with minimal stuff) I am so mentally fucked up from this experience I spray undiluted temprid 75 daily even though I'm in a new place just to be careful. My skin has gone wild. It's either stress temprid, skin still getting used to bed bug bites from 2 weeks ago (moved the 2nd day I saw them crawling over my body and inhabiting my mattress corner) I react to bites badly. Can't walk hardly it swells and itches. My problem now is my face is full of congested skin and pimples popping up daily on my chin? I'm good with clean bedding and clothes. Keep good skincare. Is it temprid?

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Dec 3 2017 18:45:34
    #

Login to Send PM

If this "Temprid" is a concentrate which is designed to be diluted with water you should stop the foolish and illegal application immediately, and see a dermatologist.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Dec 3 2017 21:05:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Winston O. Buggy - 2 hours ago  » 
    If this "Temprid" is a concentrate which is designed to be diluted with water you should stop the foolish and illegal application immediately, and see a dermatologist.

I wholeheartedly agree. And why are you stupid (not merely foolish) to apply a concentrate of an insecticide?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Lostinbedbuggery

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Dec 3 2017 22:34:26
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

I wholeheartedly agree. And why are you stupid (not merely foolish) to apply a concentrate of an insecticide?

Because I'm desperate. I think bed bugs make people do crazy things. I don't reccomend anyone go and use it undiluted.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 7:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Lostinbedbuggery - 8 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

Because I'm desperate. I think bed bugs make people do crazy things. I don't reccomend anyone go and use it undiluted.

Yes, I understand how you feel. Did you read the instructions? Separate section on bed bugs.

Note To Physician: No specific antidote is available. Treat the patient symptomatically.
    • Temprid SC Insecticide is a suspension concentrate formulation of two insecticide active ingredients, imidacloprid and -cyfluthrin. One gallon of this product contains 2 lbs of imidacloprid and 1 lb of - cyfluthrin.
    Use Rate • 0.075% -- 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) per gallon of water
    • 0.15% -- 0.54 fl oz (16 milliliters) per gallon of water
    • Except for bed bugs, use the higher specified rate for severe infestations, faster knockdown, and longer residual. For bed bugs, do not exceed an application rate of 0.075% - 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) of Temprid SC Insecticide per gal of water.
    Use Rate: 0.075% - 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) of Temprid SC Insecticide per gal of water.
    Controls bed bug populations that are resistant to pyrethroid insecticides. Efficacy of this product is not affected by heat treatments, so applications can be made before heat treatments in integrated bed bug elimination programs. Spray bugs and eggs directly wherever possible following site directions below. Bed bug eggs that are directly treated with this product are killed outright, and young nymphs that emerge from eggs are killed by dried residues.
    For infested mattresses, remove linens and wash before reuse. Apply to tufts, seams, folds, and edges until moist. Allow to dry before remaking bed.
    Apply to bedsprings, box springs, and the interior of bed frames or headboards, including all cracks and joints.
    When bed bugs are found in upholstered furniture, apply only to the infested tufts, seams, folds, and edges, but do not apply to flat surfaces where prolonged human contact will occur. If bugs heavily infest furniture (inside cushions and/or batting), apply a labeled insecticide dust or consider fumigation.
    Apply as a crack & crevice treatment to all baseboards, moldings, beneath floor coverings and carpets, closets, shelves, curtains, furniture and picture frames that may provide harborage to bed bugs.
    Inside empty luggage, apply to seams, folds and edges until moist; remove all clothes and other articles from luggage before application and allow treated areas to thoroughly dry before use.
    Re-apply every 7 to 10 days, as needed, until infestation is eliminated.
    In the State of New York this product may only be applied for indoor uses.

6. Lostinbedbuggery

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Dec 4 2017 8:11:07
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 44 minutes ago  » 

Lostinbedbuggery - 8 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes, I understand how you feel. Did you read the instructions? Separate section on bed bugs.
    Note To Physician: No specific antidote is available. Treat the patient symptomatically.
    • Temprid SC Insecticide is a suspension concentrate formulation of two insecticide active ingredients, imidacloprid and -cyfluthrin. One gallon of this product contains 2 lbs of imidacloprid and 1 lb of - cyfluthrin.
    Use Rate • 0.075% -- 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) per gallon of water
    • 0.15% -- 0.54 fl oz (16 milliliters) per gallon of water
    • Except for bed bugs, use the higher specified rate for severe infestations, faster knockdown, and longer residual. For bed bugs, do not exceed an application rate of 0.075% - 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) of Temprid SC Insecticide per gal of water.
    Use Rate: 0.075% - 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) of Temprid SC Insecticide per gal of water.
    Controls bed bug populations that are resistant to pyrethroid insecticides. Efficacy of this product is not affected by heat treatments, so applications can be made before heat treatments in integrated bed bug elimination programs. Spray bugs and eggs directly wherever possible following site directions below. Bed bug eggs that are directly treated with this product are killed outright, and young nymphs that emerge from eggs are killed by dried residues.
    For infested mattresses, remove linens and wash before reuse. Apply to tufts, seams, folds, and edges until moist. Allow to dry before remaking bed.
    Apply to bedsprings, box springs, and the interior of bed frames or headboards, including all cracks and joints.
    When bed bugs are found in upholstered furniture, apply only to the infested tufts, seams, folds, and edges, but do not apply to flat surfaces where prolonged human contact will occur. If bugs heavily infest furniture (inside cushions and/or batting), apply a labeled insecticide dust or consider fumigation.
    Apply as a crack & crevice treatment to all baseboards, moldings, beneath floor coverings and carpets, closets, shelves, curtains, furniture and picture frames that may provide harborage to bed bugs.
    Inside empty luggage, apply to seams, folds and edges until moist; remove all clothes and other articles from luggage before application and allow treated areas to thoroughly dry before use.
    Re-apply every 7 to 10 days, as needed, until infestation is eliminated.
    In the State of New York this product may only be applied for indoor uses.

Hi Lou thank you for outlining the proper instructions. I did read the booklet but despite knowing better I just sprayed it straight. I have moved with merely the clothes on my back and thus far have not moved bb with me (only 15 days so I'm not in the clear). From now on I'll only use it as per instructions. Your right it really is stupid thing to do. Losing all my possessions and having a very useless landlord I have had a nervous breakdown over this and have gone extreme in my efforts to never see the bugs again. I'm nervous as the room I was moved to (public housing) is in the same building. Luckly it's in a separate wing but I just don't trust that others may have them. Landlord won't check nor will they get a PCO. They give the tenant poison to spray themselves or send an untrained maintance worker to spray who knows zilch about bb's.
    Thanks again for the proper instructions re Temprid.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1