Picture of bite I woke up to [a: no one can ID a skin reaction as bed bug bite]

(4 posts)
  1. timtheturtle

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 12:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Edit: Hello, at around 4am at a friend's house, I awoke to a sharp pain like a paper cut in my finger. Not knowing what bit me, I lied back down and received another sharp pain elsewhere on my finger. After getting inside my hand was slightly swollen and had a pins and needles feeling throughout. I don't have a picture of the bug, but he described it as looking like a small wasp. We live in California, so I'm not sure what it would be, and would like to rule out bed bugs as a possibility. Here is a picture of the bite if it is of any help:
    I'm trying to figure out if this reaction is typical for bed bugs or not.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 12:14:52
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can diagnose from a photo of a bite or skin irritation. If your friend was correct and it was wasp-like than that would rule out bed bugs.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. timtheturtle

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 12:17:48
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    No one can diagnose from a photo of a bite or skin irritation. If your friend was correct and it was wasp-like than that would rule out bed bugs.

I'm curious, can bed bugs have the described effects of pins and needles in the hand? Additionally will bed bugs bite in self defense?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 23:53:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think that's typical. Most people don't feel anything at the precise moment they're bitten.

I would concur with Big Dummy. And if your friend saw the thing fly, definitely not a bed bug.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,021 posts in 42,681 topics over 129 months by 18,732 of 19,280 members. Latest: Maybebedbugs, Vincent601, bedbug