Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Pic of possible fecal marks on blanket

(3 posts)
  1. worrywart1

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2009 14:23:18
    #

Login to Send PM

For about a month now I've been trying to figure out what's biting me. I've been faithfully checking my Climb-Ups for about three weeks now, and haven't found anything but some tiny spiders and what I think are thrips or springtails. I hadn't seen any other evidence of BBs. I had a local PCO come and check and he didn't see anything (in the 10-15 minutes he was here). I was beginning to breathe a lot easier.

Then this morning I found black marks on top of the blanket on our bed. I had put this blanket on the bed clean two nights ago, so I can't imagine what else it would be. (See picture.) Is there some way I can tell for sure if this is bedbug feces? I had read somewhere to put saliva on a cotton swab and wipe the mark with it, which I tried, but I couldn't tell that it did much (maybe because this is on a fuzzy blanket?).

The PCO I'm now talking to is about 2 hours away (closest one who does heat treatment). Maybe I'll just cut that piece out of the blanket and send it to him. Would he be able to tell?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2429/3848691299_79b02c1bcb_o.jpg

2. BandKali

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2009 18:31:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I sent you a PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 24 2009 4:04:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The colour is wrong for faecal material. That mark was made by something that is black rather than processed blood which as an organic material does not have a 100% uniform colour.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.