Physical inspection enough for books?

(3 posts)
  1. Justmovedhere

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 23 2014 10:35:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The exterminator I am working with, whom I don't really trust, says I should just do a physical inspection of my books apthen stick them in a plastic bag before he does a chemical treatment.

These books were shipped via media mail from my (blissfully bug free!) home in California. They have been sitting in the middle of my living room floor, where I was also sleeping on an air matress and getting bit. He thinks the boxes are the source of the infection. There was also a massive infection in the unit downstairs, apparently, and I found a few dead bugs when I moved in.

So.... Is physical inspection enough? There is no way I can flip thoroughly through every single book. Some of them are old with cloth binding and lots of crevices--hard to see in there.

I am thinking about renting a packtite just for peace of mind, unless y'all thin physical inspection is enough.

2. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 23 2014 12:41:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm....not an expert, but am wondering why he wants you to seal them in plastic bags BEFORE the treatment? Yes, a thorough physical inspection should be enough, but my concern is that if you missed something and sealed them up before treatment then you may accidentally reinfest yourself once you open them up.

I'd like one of the experts to weigh in on this.

A packtite certainly gave me peace of mind when I was going through my infestation.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 23 2014 15:23:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck. Yes, let's see what the professionals say.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,669 posts in 44,817 topics over 137 months by 19,671 of 20,376 members. Latest: Tashagene, KH14, Buggedout123