Pesticide effects?(7 posts)
Has anyone else ever though about pesticides in the home. What effects both long term and short term could they have on us including infants and children and pets? Why can I not find specif information on this? What the hell is wrong with this industry and our government?
This is where the web could be a positive but it seems as if an official site that could honestly inform you in language that you can understand does not exist. Yes I can download pesticide labels but what good does that really do, it is really a bunch of crap.
http://www.ewg.org --if you type pesticide or pesticides into the search engine you might be able to find something about pesticides in the home. There are a lot of hits and I didn't go through them all. They do have reports of pesticides in the drinking water in the US.
What about the MSDS data sheets? They have toxicity information.
I find MSDS data sheet toxicity information a little confusing with not enough info and sometimes some places are left blank. I would like detailed in depth explanantions.
I think about it a lot. The stuff is toxic, but at the same time it's the only stuff we've got. I'm lucky in that when my place stunk for a week I was able to go somewhere else, but I recognize that not everyone has that option. I just wish there was something "healthier" that would kill them. Nice thought.
I do not mind pesticide use but I would like to see detailed information explained so most could understand the mistery in pesticides. This would provide an education which of course would let me be better informed to make a responsible decision in tactics and not just leave that to the PCO and chemical corporations.
It's not really in the best interest of pesticide and PCOs to divulge the negative or dangerous points of the products they're manufacturing. I don't trust the pesticide labels. The Green Earth product I purchased only said something to the effect of don't inhale the dust but it never explained WHY and that it could cause silicosis and potentially even lung cancer. This info SHOULD be on the label to advise people of the truth and dangers.
If they put that on the label, I probably would have thought long and hard about buying it but it sure would have made me careful about where and how much I used inside our home.
I believe our PCO used Prelude the first time. The first guy who did it, was scarey looking man. He didn't wear anything protective, no mask or anything. He looked like a walking cancer stick. We didn't sleep on our mattresses for at least a few weeks because everything stunk so bad. My mom developed a cough that hÃ¡sn't gone away and my skin was sensitive for months afterward upon touching the pesticide on the couch.
The government should be commissioning immediate studies to see if bed bugs are developing immunity to chemicals. It doesn't make sense to be exposed to chemicals that no longer work. The PCOs should be honest enough to report resistance as well instead of just going in for the sake of making a quick buck.
You must log in to post.