Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Pest control treatments failed! Please help?!

(4 posts)
  1. goingcrazy88

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 7 2017 7:41:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Back in September I discovered bed bugs. Since I live in a complex, I had to report it and was confirmed I had them. The next week, they sent out an exterminator to treat my place for bed bugs. I did everything I was told to. I vacuumed and I sprayed the walls if I saw any on there. I washed and dried all clothes, blankets, etc. on high heat. Everything seemed to calm down after the second treatment. The exterminator only saw one. The 3rd treatment(last round) he saw 2 by my window and one bigger one in my room. I'm devastated because I've been doing what I was recommended. The guy just looked at me in disappointment or something and asked if I had been anywhere where there's bed bugs. But I literally haven't gone to anyone's house. Just been to the store and appointments. I still feel bugs crawling on me but I dont see them when I look. When I spray rubbing alcohol(91%) on my clothes, it stops. But eventually it starts again. I'm thinking they're nymphs since I see only single bites and not big at all. Im tempted to throw more stuff out but I just dont understand why I can't get rid of them. I have encasements on my bed and everything. Now I have to pay for another round of 3 treatments, which will be over a grand total. Is there anything else I can do? I've been crying and I'm just losing it. I want these disgusting things gone. Why won't they just go away??? 😣😣 Please help?!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 7 2017 8:51:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Why isn't the managing agent/landlord paying for treatment? Are there bed bugs in other apartments? You might be getting them from neighbors.
    If people are made to pay for treatment in your complex, it is possible that they are not reporting and doing it themselves. Bed bugs being displaced will crawl around and can get into adjoining apartments. The exterminator might know more, but he should have examined adjoining apartments. There might be more to the story than you know.
    "I still feel bugs crawling on me but I dont see them when I look. When I spray rubbing alcohol(91%) on my clothes, it stops. But eventually it starts again."
    -You have no evidence of bed bugs now. You have sensations and this doesn't translate into active, crawling, bed bugs.
    "I'm thinking they're nymphs since I see only single bites and not big at all."
    -The skin lesions you see, if bites, do not correlate between a single bite coming from a nymph.
    "I have encasements on my bed and everything."
    -That doesn't make bed bugs go away, just makes it easier to see them and if a proper fit with no folds, doesn't produce additional harborage sites.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. goingcrazy88

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 8 2017 20:16:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, the management/landlord pays for it but we have to pay them back. Which is what I am doing right now. I did recently find bigger bites on my son and myself. Though theyre not aligned, I found an adult bug on the wall this morning and sprayed it with alcohol and killed it. I just found out this evening that my sons pack n play is infested so I have to find a proper way to throw that out without them spreading. The property manager did tell me that one of the residents had bed bugs but instead of treating it, they just moved. And I'm suspicious that its the neighboring unit next to me since its been vacant for a couple of months, which is unusual here. But the exterminator has been treating the outlets also. So I'm not really sure if they're also coming from that. I know encasements dont get rid of them or keep them away.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 9 2017 15:03:31
    #

Login to Send PM

goingcrazy88:
    "Yes, the management/landlord pays for it but we have to pay them back. Which is what I am doing right now.
    The property manager did tell me that one of the residents had bed bugs but instead of treating it, they just moved. And I'm suspicious that its the neighboring unit next to me since its been vacant for a couple of months, which is unusual here."
    --- Sounds like the population has moved around and it's interesting that you have ultimately pay for treatment when it's their fault. They didn't take care of the vacant apartment and do something in adjoining apartments first. Many municipalities require management/owner to pay to remove vermin and not have the tenant reimburse.

"I just found out this evening that my sons pack n play is infested so I have to find a proper way to throw that out without them spreading."
    --- Can be treated. Nuvan strips. Ask exterminator.

"But the exterminator has been treating the outlets also. So I'm not really sure if they're also coming from that."
    --- There are other ways bed bugs can gain access another apartment than via electric outlets and wiring.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7