Mon Feb 16 2009 16:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

2. MyWorstFear

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 0:29:36
    #

Login to Send PM

This is so sad. I totally can relate in a way. My first reaction when I found out we had them (and knock on wood, ours was the teeniest case ever) was suicide. Not to be funny, but I think the only thing that held me back was the thought that if I did that, it wouldn't be too long before there would be other bugs crawling on my body(even if I were dead, and wouldn't feel those bugs).

3. Goneithink

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 10:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

My heart breaks for people who do not have the resources or money to battle this problem. Very sad indeed...

4. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 11:32:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Obviously, since bedbugs cause no health problems, any suicides related to bedbug infestations will not be considered a health problem.

5. Freaked out

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 12:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

WOW!!! This should show that bed bugs are not a physical health hazard, but sure is a mental and emotional one!!!

6. bugbattler

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 12:39:14
    #

Login to Send PM

This is why negligent landlords make me sick! Of course this makes ppl suicidal. Bugs climbing on you whilst your defenseless is the stuff of nighmares. Plus there's the whole social stigma. I KNOW this place kept me going, just not being alone. Just knowing that others have found some way to deal with or help me make jokes about it.

City officials / Health departments NEED to spread awareness. Better more affordable treatment options NEED to be made available. Landlords that ignore the problem or make only half hearted attempts to fix it should be jailed!!!! (and I'm not overstating for effect - I mean prison - for real!)

Okay - time to step off my soap box.

My heart goes to the families and friends of these people and to those who are still suffering.

7. bedbugdude

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 15:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I just got word today. I don't have the words.

8. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 18:13:51
    #

Login to Send PM

No surprise to me. On June 30th, our downstairs neighbour jumped off her balcony after a 2 month battle. She suffered from other problems too, however battling BBs is so stressful it could push anyone over the edge.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/my-neighbours-death#post-30333

Also in the news recently was a woman in Ottawa who attempted suicide because of BBs.

Breaks my heart.

9. ScaredyetHopeful

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2009 9:01:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what to say. It is so sad that folks are taking their lives. I have been extremely stressed and I have had a few anxiety attacks and I am ALWAYS on alert while me and my family battle the bb's .... the other day I just broke down and cried. I can't tell my friends or the guy I'm dating... I feel they won't understand. I am beyond stressed... but again we are in a battle and I intend to win this. I can't let this destoy my life... I just refuse, I'm too young and I haven't even started to REALLY live.... I refuse to be defeated even though there are times I am completely beat down. I just pray and start new the next day.

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2009 10:23:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Most of us experience stress and anxiety because of this problem and for some people it is quite bad.

Some people here have sought counseling and found it quite helpful. I hope that anyone who was feeling depressed or suicidal would seek professional help.

Scaredyethopeful, you will get through this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  11. ScaredyetHopeful

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2009 15:16:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I find myself reading EVERYTHING I can online about the bb subject. I wonder has anyone had any luck with the website natural ginesis ?

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2009 16:54:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Scaredyethopeful,

Natural ginesis sells a contact kill enzyme spray.

These sprays kill only bed bugs sprayed directly. As such, they can be useful, but in a limited way. They are unlikely to get rid of your bed bug problem. Steam, 91% rubbing alcohol, and the sole of your shoe are also effective contact killers.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

293,559 posts in 49,289 topics over 152 months by 21,600 of 22,025 members. Latest: eldina714, Eevee, cat