Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

PCO in Northern NJ

(39 posts)
  1. overdone

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2007 19:03:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone recommend one? Someone mentioned Stern Environmental. Has anyone hear of them?

2. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2007 20:37:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm currently using now. Unless you have physical proof you can see, they'll give you a little grief. However, they will still treat. They've been to my place 4 times, and I am still itchy. They have a two month guarantee after the two sprays you pay for.

3. overdone

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2007 22:12:27
    #

Login to Send PM

So there methods are not working?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 3:00:55
    #

Login to Send PM

overdone,

I have not used this PCO, but treatment can take a long time due to a variety of factors. It does not necessarily mean they aren't a good PCO. Some here have had good experiences with them.

Cooper Pest is also in NJ.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 21:42:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Chemical-wise, it seems they know what they're doing. I'm just no better at the moment. I also contacted Cooper, but they also cost a ton, and definitely need physcial evidence. Last I heard, they do provide free inspections.

6. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 22:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I would think that Coopers tech would be pretty good BUT they charged me $90 for an inspection. It consisted of a what looked like a 23 yr old to come into the main bed room, look at one picture frame and tehn say I have no bugs. No looking even at the bed. I was too stupid to know better then. He also looked at some pictures on the walls in my daughters room. It was a joke. He told be he needed evidence and they would deduct the $90 fee with treatment. I don't know what their policy is now on evidence or if just bites count during treatment etc.. But my bites didn't count back in the summer...

7. nyjammin

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 22:56:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Paula, sounds like a rip-off to me and taking advantage of people in a desperate situation. Didn't even look at the bed. They don't call them BEDbugs for no reason. I would've called and complained.

8. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2007 23:07:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, in order to talk to anyone for advise on the phone....they wanted to charge me between $90 an hr to $250 an hour. That was for talking to the guy that came here, to some other person and Cooper himself was $250. All I wanted to know was about doing Vikane or tearing up my carpets on what would be better because I couldn't afford to do both. At this point I feel I should get a license for this shit. Maybe I could pay off the $20k spent thru it all. Live and learn I guess.

9. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2007 20:01:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Paula, I wonder if you were charged for an inspection because you live in a more remote area? I had a woman inspect and she was fine. No charge. What I didn't like with Cooper was that they said they needed to have an entomologist (I think- I don't think it was a PCO) come and decide the best form of action. So that would be ANOTHER fee in addition to the exterminating. Because what I had didn't warrant an entomologist or even a treatment, I couldn't get an exact amount out of them. But seriously, charging hundreds of dollars for chemicals that cost very little is totally taking advantage of people when they're suffering. I realize that within that fee is the rate for the PCOs. Obviously I'm in the wrong profession!

10. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2007 21:07:14
    #

Login to Send PM

seriously guys! I feel like they try to take advantage of us suffering. the PCO I called up did a free inspection but quoted me 1600. thats like 400 a room. does that seem like a normal price? He told me whoever I call they will quote me the same if not higher.
    and like I said in another post the PCO just looked over my mattress and didn't find anything and when I showed him my pantry beetle sample he said it was BB's can you believe it!!!!! so insane. and he said he's been doing this for 20 yrs (yeah whatever)
    anyways I still don't know what I'm going to do

11. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2007 21:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Mini-
    I paid $650 (excluding tax) for 3 (smallish) rooms, so I don't think that you'd necessarily be quoted a higher price at another place. You obviously need someone who has a clue! Where do you live? BBs must be such a cashcow for some uncaring PCOs. Meanwhile, they could be making it all that much worse for us if they don't know what they're doing.

12. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2007 22:29:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bbsblow- I know can't they have pity on us? anyways I live in Jersey. I still don't exactly know what's going on in my house because I've been catching a lot of pantry beetles in the bedroom and have no blood stains, fecal spots and sightings of bb's but my daughter has been getting some suspicious bites. So I have no clue what to do as of yet. I'm still monitoring the situation.
    ugh!

13. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 3:40:28
    #

Login to Send PM

mini,
    did the PCO give you the free inspection and confirm you had bed bugs?

14. lrizzo

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 16:55:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Call Northeast Pest Control (*phone number deleted*). They are out of Lodi.
    He is very competative in pricing and comes back until you have no more.

15. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 18:02:16
    #

Login to Send PM

What chemicals do they use? Did you use them yourself?

16. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 18:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't appear to be a member of NPMA.

17. nyjammin

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 20:46:39
    #

Login to Send PM

lrizzo, you also posted on yahoo group and you wrote there that you were the one doing the treatments and on this post you stated "they" and "he" does the treatments. So which is it? Are you the pco, do you work for the pco and how come you do not use your real name. If you are a business you would not hafta use a tag.

18. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 2:21:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Irizzo's post was edited to remove his phone number. Irizzo clearly is a PCO (nyjammin is being kind, but is correct in catching this).

He cleverly disguised his handle here, to distinguish it from Irizzo20 who posted on the Bedbugger Yahoo group to offer his services yesterday, in message #6423 which was titled, "I am an exterminator from NJ" and which began,

"Hi there. If anyone is interested in a bedbug treatment in NJ please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have been using a different method for customers and it has been working very well."

You can see it here.

Irizzo, if you read this, please also read this:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/1146?replies=1

Pest Control Professionals are welcome to participate here, but not to troll for customers whether in the forums or in private messages.

We were not born yesterday, and unless you're having an out-of-body experience, your "third person" routine is an attempt to trick us--not cool. As you can see from BBsBlow's and nyjammin's remarks before mine, we are pretty sharp cookies.

19. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 10:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

the PCO did give a free inspection but he didn't find anything and when I showed him a picture of a pantry beetle he said it was a bb because I told him that's what I found around the bed. my daughter's mattress is clean. no blood stains or spots anywhere. I guess the PCO just assumed we had bb's because I told him I thought my daughter was getting bites.

20. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 10:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Mini, the PCO that you mention here..is it this Irizzo person?

21. pleasehelp

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 12:00:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Mini, I'd definitely keep looking for another PCO!

22. pleasehelp

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 12:04:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Mini, have you tried dressing your daughter in very light colored clothing all the time so you can easily see blood stains when she's bitten?

23. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 14:05:26
    #

Login to Send PM

well no. is there a blood stain when the bug bites?
    she has white sheets and there are no blood stains. I check every day.
    I even get stressed out and wake up a few times at night and take a flashlight to look for any bugs at 3-5 am
    I feel so tired.

and who knows if it was Irizzo?

24. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 14:09:27
    #

Login to Send PM

p.s did I mention my husband thinks she might just be getting pimples? because she sweats at night? possibility?
    how should bites exactly look? many times her bite doesn't even look like it has a pinhole opening.

25. pleasehelp

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 14:31:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes there's usually a small amount of blood that leaks out when a bb bites, and if the skin is covered by clothing it will soak into that instead of the sheets. I do agree with your husband that pimples are a good possibility. I know my kids when infants got a few of them. I sure do hope it's pimples...

26. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 14:48:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going crazy with all the different possibilities. maybe they might be pimples?? she is 3 1/2 yrs old and sleeps with her 2 yr old sister on a queen. but she is the only one that seems to have these "bb bites" I always sleep inbetween them because they need me to lay down with them but I have never gotten bitten and when my husband sleeps next to them on her side of the bed he doesn't get any bites.

27. pleasehelp

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 15:11:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you taken her to a pediatrician? What a load off of your mind if it's just pimples! With her being the only one with any bumps, it seems very hopeful to me... The only other evidence was little black specs, right? That could be dirt.

28. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 18:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

well no I haven't. Do you think the ped will be able to tell if it's a pimple vs a bug bite? yeah it's weird I think holly in another post described something too like what I am experiencing and she actually described it well. It's like grains of sand. that is what it looks like and feels like. Do bb specks look more on the darker side like black? or dark red? and is it really like poppy seed size? because mine look more like grains of sand or salt. do you think it's a smaller bug?

29. pleasehelp

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 18:34:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know, but the ped or nurse practitioner would probably know if pimples are common at that age, and if they come w/sweats. Actually, they'd probably give you that info on the phone. I don't know about the sandy consistency - haven't found any of those specks yet myself. I think people on this blog say they are very dark colored.

30. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 21:12:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The size can vary and can vary from red to black.

31. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 21:29:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Mini..If you take the specs, put them on a wite piece of paper and soak them in peroxide, it should come up red, or reddish brown if it's fecal specs. If the specs are too small and the sheets are white, try doing it right on the bed itself w/o moving the specs.
    My 3 yr old daughter has always had eczema. Her skin gets this very dry patches with little pimples...It woulddn't hurt to send her to the pediatrician just for a look.

32. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 23:28:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey paulaw, my younger daughter has eczema but the older one who is the one that gets these "bites/pimples " doesn't have eczema. and I have tried both water and peroxide on these "specs" but nothing happens at all. It's like pouring water/peroxide on sand. so weird. I really wish I could get to the bottom of this. I even went as far as to try to convince myself maybe my daughter has a very very very mild form of chicken pox. hahha am I going crazy?? I wish I knew for sure if I have bb's or not that way I wouldn't go crazy doing the whole bb protocal with laundry, cleaning etc. I still have yet to find the blood spots/specs, skin casts and the bb's themselves.
    nobugs-the specs are gray to very very very light brown

33. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 5 2007 23:33:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know, mini. I suggest you start a new thread or talk about this in a thread about fecal specks. Some people don't read all the messages, and they might ignore this one which is labeled "NJ PCOs".

34. minibughater

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2007 0:13:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I know sorry. =)

35. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2007 0:31:49
    #

Login to Send PM

No need to be sorry! We all do it!

36. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2007 12:35:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hydrogen Peroxide should foam up if the specks contain blood

37. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2007 22:30:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll comment more soon on my ongoing ordeal, but I've used peroxide and it's made the blood disappear, like a bleach. I have only seen blood to the best of my knowledge. Shouldn't I see something else? Something that peroxide wouldn't erase?

-Stressed Blow

38. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2007 23:10:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Blow,

Peroxide never worked for me on fecal specks. (I don't know if I did something wrong or what.) I never tried to use it on blood spots.

But you have spots and bites. Are you still doubtful? I'm sorry that you are stressed. We're here.

39. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2007 23:16:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I've used a few drops of hot/warm water and let is soak//then when I putmy finger across it, it smeared reddish.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.