Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Pco found nothing [a: cockroach]

(13 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 11 2018 10:06:29
    #

Login to Send PM

My son has been getting little bumps that don't itch and I've been waking up with a single itchy bump every few days on my face or neck for the past at least 2 months. (I sleep with my pants and shirt tucked in) They itch for only like a hour and the tiny red bump is gone by the next morning. I've had sticky glue traps under my bed legs for the past 3-4 weeks and haven't caught anything. I should mention we had bed bugs 8 years ago. Back then my bites were simular to mosquito bites and very itchy. They would last for days to weeks. We had a PCO in 2 days ago and he found nothing. I've only found ants. He said he thoroughly inspected my mattress and box spring and found nothing. Now if something is biting me at night, how are they getting in and out of my bed without crossing the sticky glue traps? I've done endless searches in my room/bed and my sons. I'm at a loss and feel like I'm going crazy. I almost want to find something just so I have an explanation. Any advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 11 2018 10:09:49
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband sleeps next to me and gets nothing. Which I know is common but he did react 8 years ago when we had them. We had them bad, we were treated for scabies before we found evidence.

3. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 11 2018 19:55:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Is any bedding touching the floor or is there ANY other way they can get on the bed?
    Maybe it is not bed bugs (an allergy, etc).
    The PCO makes money by selling treatments.
    Are you in a house?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 11 2018 20:03:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Stick a fork in the bed bug theory. Sounds like you don't have them. Were the ants identified? They could be the source of the problem.

5. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 11 2018 23:51:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in an apartment. No bedding touching the floor and I have my bed pulled away from the wall. He looked at the ants that I caught on a sticky glue trap in my sons room. He said he doesn't think they would be the cause but he did spray for them.

6. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 2:27:36
    #

Login to Send PM

If the ants were the problem, how would they be getting in bed with me? I've had these sticky glue traps under my bed legs for a month. If it were bed bugs, wouldn't I have caught at least one by now? Or are they able to walk across them? I put them under my couch for a few weeks and caught spiders. I also have one in my sons room and have caught ants. I would think bed bugs would stick the same. They would have to walk over them to get in bed then walk over them to get off. Unless they're super smart and are dropping from the ceiling then just dropping off the bed. I'm just so lost at what else this could be.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 9:48:16
    #

Login to Send PM

You still get the ants on the glue boards? Spraying not really a good thing to do with most ants. Please take a picture if you find them or still have the glue boards available.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 11:17:38
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140170088@N04/?
    Could they be biting us?
    Also the other two pictures are of my sons pillow. I thought maybe that was fecal matter but the pco said no. Can bed bugs cross the sticky glue traps without getting stuck? Thanks

9. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 17:15:20
    #

Login to Send PM

My daughter, which shares a room with my son, woke up this morning with a single itchy bump on her hand. This is the first reaction she has had in all this time. So now I'm freaking out even more...

10. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 10:44:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Boosting for loubugs to see the pictures

11. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 16 2018 1:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you know how to download the pictures or blow them up?
    Maybe lou knows flickr and all I did was bump the post again.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 0:57:14
    #

Login to Send PM

If you click the arrow in flickr and then choose EMBED and select the BBCODE, you get a code which will embed the image here, like this:

20180116_115201 by Sarah McDaniel, on Flickr

That's a cockroach. Those two things sticking out which are not legs are cerci. Roaches have them, bed bugs do not.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  13. freakingout123

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 11:36:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry. For some reason I can't figure it out. Arrow on the picture? If yes, it doesn't give me an option to embed?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,362 posts in 44,495 topics over 135 months by 19,509 of 20,188 members. Latest: Fighterme, DrayaF, Chakka