Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO can't come for 6 days. What can I do in the meantime?

(4 posts)
  1. WhyMe14

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 17:42:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I just figured out the problem a few days ago. I figure I've had them for about a month and a half. All I can find is last growth stage bugs. I'm not finding much else. But they come for me at night and I'm finding about 5 a night in my bed. I'ts scary.

My landlord uses Orkin. Not too sure about that. And they can't come for 6 days.

What can I do in the meantime? I sleep on my couch in the living room. I hope it's localized there. The couch may have to go. But I haven't strung together 2 hours sleep in days. I am highly reactive and I wake up when they bite me. I can usually find the one that bit me. I've been catching them in tape.

It's bad and I want to do something NOW! What could you guys advise to get started before the PCO can arrive? I've washed all the bedding. I'm not sure how to bag a couch. Like I said, that may have to go. I doused myself with alcohol last night. I only got two bites. Is that a feasible deterrent? What can I do to lessen bites until I can get the Pro's (as Pro as Orkin can be) get here?

ANY advise welcomed!

Cliff

2. Livingagain

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 18:00:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Dousing yourself with alcohol is not a feasible deterrent, and it's kind of dangerous. If you got Cimexa and put it down the sides of the cushions and in all the couch cracks and crevices it might help. But you may have to vaccuum it up before Orkin comes. You could even use the Cimexa to supplement after Orkin comes, you can ask them, but, again, you may have to vacuum before the next treatment. If you have Amazon prime they sell a couch encasement (sofa safe brand) that would trap the bugs in the couch, and keep them away from you. It could get to you by Friday, but it's $149.

3. Tim m

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 18:08:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a expert but I would recommend just good house keeping dry all cloths and sheets blankets on high heat for 30 minutes or 60. Also vacuum and make sure to clean the vacuum good after each use. I wouldn't recommend using any chemicals because it could interfere with what they plan on using. Take my advice with a grain of salt I'm no expert.

4. WhyMe14

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 21:00:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, my budget isn't going to handle a couch cover. But I do have some Cimexa ordered with some interceptors. It's going to be a few days for that.

I've vacuumed my butt off and still vacuuming. Washed all the bedding. I messed up the front load washer in the complex laundry room with a feather pillow. Yesterday, bedbugs. Today, a busted washing machine. I don't think my landlord is too happy with me right now.

This sucks, right?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335