Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Passive monitor in place for 2 weeks....

(6 posts)
  1. PNW

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 20:22:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I have checked placements of monitors (using David Cain's passive monitors, one on the bed, and one under sofa) and it has been 2 weeks, and NO sign of BB's or fecal matter or anything! Now, that being said, I have used Cimexa around the the whole bed and along baseboards and door jambs, and on our sofa and recliner....
    My now question.....would the Cimexa cause the BB's to move off to other areas to avoid the Cimexa? Did not powder heavily...
    I am frustrated with no signs of the critters, cause my hubbie and I are getting bit by something! My bite reaction is the same as I got with first infestation...I have noticed a 3 bite pattern in the new ones also.....maybe I need to take apart the box spring and mattress from the Hollywood frame and recheck? They are encased...box spring double encased....
    My only other idea is the car....which has been totally detailed and cleaned and sprayed over 3 times and powdered too, so that seems crazy! any help much appreciated!

2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 22:11:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I read on David's website earlier that the passive monitors should not be used in areas that have been treated with a repellent because the bugs wouldn't be inclined to go towards it for harborage. It also said that if you've had a chemical repellent, to clear an area of about 1 foot all around it.... that said, CimeXa is not a repellent. It contains silica dust that dehydrates the bugs in order to kill them, similar to DE. And the FAQ's specifically state that it is absolutely ok to place the monitors in areas that have been dusted with DE.... so unless there's a key piece of information I'm missing re: CimeXa, I would imagine it would be fine. Unfortunately, Mr Cain cannot use CimeXa, nor will U.K. laws allow him to comment on matters regarding it, so I believe we would need another pro- LouBugs, BigDummy, PBello, or our Host, NoBugs, who knows quite a bit more than the rest of us about all this!!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  3. PNW

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 3:29:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, newbite!
    I am hoping one of the pros will answer, and give me some advice....
    perhaps I need to move the passive monitors....maybe from the head of the bed to underneath somewhere...and from the sofa to the recliner chair...
    I am looking and looking for signs of BB and we just cannot seem to find anything other than lint balls that look like it until I use my magnifier...this battle is really bringing my aging to the forefront! My eyes are way not like they used to be!
    any other advice??

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 9:50:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi psychologically_messed_up,

Thanks, awesome summary and spot on.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. PNW

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 23:41:16
    #

Login to Send PM

OK! Got it!

Thanks again, Psych messed up! Sorry I called you newbite... another aging symptom!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 5:24:56
    #

Login to Send PM

It's OK some people seem to just learn faster than others.

In this case I think its fairly clear that psychologically_messed_up appreciates that after 15+ years I have most likely written it somewhere before.

My participation in the forum is not to answer questions one at a time, its to spot the trends in questions and put the best answer in place before they get asked.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us