(4 posts)
  1. Hopefully_recovering

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 15:51:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all (specifically David),

I ordered two passive monitors--one to place on my bed frame, and another for the couch.

I'm wondering about the couch. It's an L-shaped sectional, and we sit on both sides, but generally toward the corner, so I'm wanting to place it somewhere near the center corner. I'm a little worried about how well it would stick to the material on the underside, and that I'd have to remove it/lift the couch to check it. I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to place it under a cushion, near the back edge, which leads into the frame, as it would hopefully be an intercepting point between anything residing inside the frame and people sitting on the couch, and would be easier to check?

I'm not sure if it's not ideal to place under cushions for concerns that it would get crushed or something, let me know what you think! Thanks again for all your help.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 8:24:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The synthetic dust cover material tends to be tough while the organic style gives enough slippage to lift the monitors off. As we live in a litigious culture I can only advise that people use their own judgement in deciding if the surface will be damaged by the monitor. In my personal experience a slow and steady removal is always effective and a troublesome lift can be aided with a hair dryer to warm the glue.

Placement should be based on the most occupied seating area as this represents both the most likely introduction point but also the most likely feeding area.

Hope that explains.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Hopefully_recovering

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 17:06:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply, David!

I'm not too worried about damaging the surface of the dust cover, I guess I'm more worried about whether I'll be able to take it off and have it stick again if I have to remove it to check it?

My question about the cushions/placement locations was unclear, but I was more wondering if you recommend against placing it under mattresses/cushions/etc. due to the pressure of weight on top of it/likelihood of being disturbed by movement affecting its effectiveness?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 9:56:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I did not reply to the cushion placement because its less optimal than the current recommendation and images.

While bed bugs can be in such places it is not the first place they choose to occupy. Framed that way I hope you can see why we don't go hunting for bears in the city. There is a lot of "tracking" type work that we have done over the years and some of the results are different to the obvious. You are more likely to get between cushion issues on public transport.

Hope that helps.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us