Parasites carried by Carpet Beetles?

(4 posts)
  1. thunderrider

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 0:59:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone- does anyone know if a carpet-beetle infestation could lead to colonization of mites that bite humans? also, and again i know how bizarre this sounds..anyone seen/heard of insects/and-or parasites that resemble splinters/very thin slants of wood/ or ones that look like parsely? could the hair of the carpet beetle larve create a biting/stinging sensation if I am allergic? If these were psychosomatic, how come my symptoms never occur when im on hardwood floors?
    ps- anyone ever deal with rapidly-appearinf larvae in the shape of pearl-ish, off-white pellets that produce offspring that resemble tiny black and/or red dots?

please advise if u have relevant knowledge..i just want this to be over and get my [expletive deleted] life back.

2. Alberta has bugs

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 2:29:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I am also dealing with something along the same nature.
    If I sit in the living roon all of a sudden it feels like something biting my legs.
    I have seen the off white pearly (eggs?) as well.
    There are a few post's on the subject that I have beeen reading to get information on itchy scratchy feelings.
    I have also seen what look like slivers of wood as well.
    Are BB nyphms this agressive, I do not know.
    Does the spraying and thermal treatment's open the door for another type of parasite that survives and the bugs that hunt them are gone?
    I am also looking for anwsers.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 6:13:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes its possible that your issues relate to carpet beetles but not from some invisible mite or mystery creature, its actually more bazaar than that, the hairs from the larval skins can cause a reaction as they embed in your skin due to static attraction. For further details see here:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/carpetbeetles.html

If you take your shoes and socks off in the house you should get a rapid relief until you can clean up the cause of the irritation.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  4. Alberta has bugs

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 23:14:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Well have to admit that I seen carpet bettles after the thermal was done, which surprised me because I did not know they existed, before and have taken out most of the carpet these last few years.
    Thanks I will check the information out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,748 posts in 29,323 topics over 90 months by 12,644 of 19,897 members. Latest: sarahackler, waitingforbyebugs, TroublesBehind