Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Our research needs your help (tis the season for giving - please give me your ca

(8 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 10:09:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

I was supposed to get 200+ samples of carpet beetles the other week but someone let me down badly and non appeared.

I am working on some new projects which will help those who are worried about bedbugs or carpet beetles.

We are looking for both the adult and larval forms for this study but larval skins are unfortunately of no use to us.

If you are able to participant and send in samples if it turns into a viable and efficacious product I will send one to anyone who has participated.

Adult carpet beetles

IMG_4188

Larval stage of carpet beetles

IMG_1920

Larval stage of carpet beetles

IMG_1899

If you have any samples please drop me a PM and I will let you know where to send them.

Thanks in advance.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 10:20:34
    #

Login to Send PM

David, I had found several CB larva recently but killed them in a glass of rubbing alcohol. (They do wiggle around like they are in pain. Which I felt a little bad for them since they are not bedbugs.) I'm just curious, how would one ship them to you and keep them alive - the actual bettles and larva?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 10:25:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

They have no higher central nervous system so they don't feel pain in the sense that we do.

I can advise of suitable small boxes, make-up pots and a way of protecting things in card if needed. So long as they are padded and protected they will arrive in suitable condition.

David

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 10:43:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Great, that's just great.

Why not wait till friggin winter to request live bugs.

We had frost here this morning, crap.

Will see what we can do on this one.

pb

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 10:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry Paul, I know the timing is not perfect but the concept I am working on is close enough to it to make up the timing.

We are told we are to get the frost in a few days, just when I am heading up North where its naturally colder.

David

6. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 11:11:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It is what it is.

Isn't it ?

Will do the best i can to help out with this one.

However, I just realized that if I gather a sufficient quantity of setae covered larvae then i could string them together and make a coat.

What to do, what to do: send them across the Atlantic or spend the next two years sewing, hmmm !

Have a great day in theUK ! pb (hey, that rhymes)

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 11:14:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Forget the coat, if you have that many skins I want a wig first, something judgely and befitting, LOL

David

8. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 29 2012 11:18:39
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Have a great day in theUK ! pb (hey, that rhymes)

So does: "Hello Paul Bello" . . . if you say it with the right accent!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,480 posts in 43,023 topics over 129 months by 18,880 of 19,439 members. Latest: summabitches, WhatAreThese, Freakedout101