Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

opinion needed on vacuum

(3 posts)
  1. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 28 2012 16:51:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, my vacuum is toast. Even though I emptied the canister outside after each use, I've been paranoid about not getting all of the bugs out, so I've been leaving it outside. Thought I would be home in time to throw it in a contractor back before the rain hit yesterday. No such luck. Oh well, it was a POS.

So my thought are, should I invest in another full size vacuum, or might I just be better off using my small hand held one? That would encourage me to be closer to the ground and thus better able to detect anything when vaccuming the carpet, and the added advantage is that once the canister is cleaned and the filter is rinsed it's small enough that I can safely store it tightly in a garbage bag.

Oh, and one last and dumb related question, how do I wash the filter to ensure that no BB's crawl up from my kitchen sink piping? Or am I being too paranoid here?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 28 2012 16:59:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

My personally preference is bagless cleaner, I tend to be very brand loyal to Dyson, mainly due to enhanced suction and the fact they are easy to strip down and clean.

However if you are worried about things inside the cleaner the solution is a little more lateral. If you use a fine weave stocking or tight fed toe end into the pipe and secured with some insulation tape then you only need worry about removing that and placing it in the big.

All that said given the level or dust and dirt inside most cleaners its hardly a conducive environment for bedbug survival either way so it does not really deserve the level of paranoia it gets.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 28 2012 18:05:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much David. I Love Dysons, but alas with all of the other $$ that is flying out of my pocket right now I'm afraid I can't afford one.

Good to read your last sentence. Given that, I will go with the hand held vac route, rinse it out outside with the hose, and then store in a bag just in case.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,586 posts in 44,061 topics over 134 months by 19,297 of 19,927 members. Latest: sobernoodles, ridmybedbugs, Napier99