(1 post)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Jul 13 2017 6:20:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I wanted to create a post to illustrate something. Its about how most people work with their eyes and how you can train them to look for the levels of detail.

By way of illustration I have picked an image I captured last week:

level1 by David Cain, on Flickr

This can be considered level 1 in the detail. The object and its surroundings.

As you drill into the image you get to a 2nd level, the object itself:

level2 by David Cain, on Flickr

Inside of this there are still levels to look for. Level 3 within the flower heads:

level3 by David Cain, on Flickr

When you get down to the individual flower the resolution starts to get lost, level 4:

level4 by David Cain, on Flickr

However, you can clearly see that there are layers still to explore such as the interface between the blue and white parts of the plant.

It also illustrates how the colours change and matter less than the physical detail within the image.

It also illustrates why clear focus is so essential.

To share a little of that down to the cellular level of detail this is one of my favorite images:

IMG_5434 by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that helps and gives any easy set of demonstration images to help people "look into the detail".

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,592 posts in 41,774 topics over 127 months by 18,321 of 18,789 members. Latest: Murtyz, Winnie93x, buggyname