Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

ONE SINGLE BITE?

(3 posts)
  1. lindsaye

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 16:13:25
    #

Login to Send PM

We've been through bedbug hell and back over the past couple of months. Literally been the biggest nightmare. We've had our home treated twice by heat treatment. The first time they treated our home two of my family members got bites again within 2-3 days of the treatment. They came back and treated our home again about 2.5 weeks ago and so far we hadn't had any issues. Today though, my daughter woke up with a bite on her thigh. Just one. It looks EXACTLY like the other bed bug bites we've been getting except there is only one. Usually we saw them in groups. What are your thoughts on this? I want to believe they're gone, but this makes me VERY leery and I just feel like our nightmare isn't over. She said the bite was very itchy, just as before. PLEASE give me your thoughts. I am going to call pest control again but they've told me in the past one singular bite usually isn't bed bug but I don't believe it.

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 22:03:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Usually we saw them in groups. What are your thoughts on this?

My bites were never in groups.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Jan 14 2017 3:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this a detached single family home? If not, have attached neighbors been inspected professionally?

Do you think you know where the bed bugs came from?

It's possible she was bitten somewhere else (maybe even where they came from if that isn't a neighbor), but it could also be another cause.

And you could have a bed bug which survived treatment. Others may have been bitten without reacting.

Because you can't be sure (1) it's a bed bug bite and (2) if it's a bed bug bite it happened in your home, the best thing is to inspect for new fecal stains, and other signs of bed bugs. Bed bug monitors (see FAQ on bed bug monitors) may help you determine if you're clear also.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

247,810 posts in 39,678 topics over 120 months by 17,395 of 17,704 members. Latest: bbsareconsumingmylife, heather68, Oakland