(3 posts)
  1. corning

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 7 2012 15:07:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Greetings, all.

I've been averaging about one bite-site per night for 2-3 weeks now. Each site has 2-3 clustered or linear bites. The bites itch for a day or so, and wind up draining eventually, sometimes scarring. There is a red patch around the bite like general inflammation.

I have inspected the room a few times and not seen anything. My bed-sharing wife has not received any bites, nor has anyone else in the house. I keep thinking that an untreated BB infestation allowed to bite me for 2-3 weeks should have reproduced and escalated the attacks, right?

Bite locations are only on my arms, mostly my right arm, in the areas left exposed when wearing a T-shirt.

I will try to make the dry ice trap this week to catch something. But, if the attacks haven't been getting worse, is it unlikely that BBs are the cause? Or are they still the likely culprit?

Thanks for your help!

2. Breezie

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 7 2012 16:29:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like how mine started. I would get a bite a day for several weeks. Remember- not everyone is affected by bites.
    I am like you- I get bitten, itch for a day or so, then it stops itching. For the longest time, I was only bitten on my right arm- that happens to be the closest area to where I found my bedbugs on my box spring.
    Good luck! I'd definately take a look on your bed/box spring.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 7 2012 23:38:22
    #

Login to Send PM

If you were being bitten by bed bugs once a day, every day, it should mean you have at least seven bed bugs present, since they bite at least about once a week (more or less due to environmental conditions).

If you have been bitten for 2-3 weeks, that's at least 14-21 bites (assuming you started reacting right away, and many don't). Each time bed bugs bite, they poop, and usually not far away. So you should be looking for fecal stains especially on the mattress, box springs, and sheets, as evidence. Suspected bites alone are not evidence enough. The photos of bed bugs and signs of bed bugs here will help.

Bed bug monitors may help (passive or pitfall types) and you can read about these in the FAQs on bed bug monitors linked from the Useful Stuff page.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.