One BB on ceiling after being clear since August

(4 posts)
  1. dja322

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 0:44:07
    #

Login to Send PM

We battled a BB infestation all summer with a professional PCO, and received the all-clear after a K9 inspection during the last week of July. Tonight, I looked up and saw this bedbug on my living room ceiling. I think it's a male but wouldn't mind confirmation.

I react very strongly to bedbug bites and have not noticed anything at all recently. All mattresses and box springs in my apartment have bedbug protectors on them. We have inspected everything and haven't found any other signs.

WTF is going on?

Is this a reinfestation? Is this bug a leftover from almost 5 months ago? Did we get super unlucky and track in a new one altogether? Why was it on the ceiling? I have so many questions.

I'm hoping to get a K9 inspection first thing next week, but should I be freaking out in the meantime? I thought this was all behind me and I'm completely over it right now.

Any input is much appreciated.

2. Helerown

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 2:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

First off, I'm sorry. I can't imagine the upset you must feel after so many months clear. You did mention you live in an apartment....do you have a unit above, next to, or below you. If so, have all those units been treated or inspected also? It apparently isn't oncommon for reinsfestations to manifest if an adjacent unit has an untreated infestation.

3. dja322

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 2:37:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm on the top floor, so no apartments above me, but I am adjacent to one other unit and directly above one as well. I know my landlord didn't inspect the adjacent units back when we were in the thick of it a few months back, so I wouldn't be surprised if a neighbor is infested and they don't know.

4. Helerown

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 2:56:52
    #

Login to Send PM

That very well could be the case. I own a condo and have a unit on either side of me. I suspect either they came from my ex husbands house, my neighbors, or my daughter's school. I actually had the awkward conversation with one of my neighbor's tonight and asked her if she has noticed any signs of bugs and she said she hasn't. I went through a very similar situation with the PCO who I hired, as I opted to not go with the PCO my HOA would've provided. I don't trust them. I had my second treatment the Friday before Christmas and praying I don't need another one. I still have things in bins and bags and refuse to put most stuff away just yet. I still have not even slept in my bed. It's just sitting in a virtually empty room with the encasements and will remain that way for a very long time. I have not put anything back in my dresser. So I understand the hell of bagging things up and drying and washing over and over. I have yet to see a live bug at all, but I know they were here. I had signs of them and my daughter was essentially eaten alive one night when she slept in my bed. That was enough for me to have my entire place treated. You did mention that you had left the country in your initial post for vacation and that could also be the source of them, but I'm inclined to think perhaps this most recent occurance is from a neighboring unit and maybe that was the initial source. My PCO had advised narrowing down the source is key in treatment being fully effective. He said he's seen reinfestations happen frequently when an untreated outside source is involved. But unfortunately we don't have control over outside sources and we can only do what we can do on our end and it sounds you have done all the right things.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,258 posts in 46,529 topics over 141 months by 20,520 of 21,381 members. Latest: alize, Worrybug, bugBgone123