On the home stretch?

(3 posts)
  1. Hsmith6990

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 17:23:01
    #

Login to Send PM

So we got the dreaded bed bugs around feb i think based on the amount i found i didnt notice until the end of march so i started treatment when i found them i bombed on a monday after scrubbing my mattress and boxspring with bleach and spraying it down then we got covers. I was diligent in destroying these suckers i went over every inch of my room with a light spray and powder we bombed again a week later and since i have been doing weekly checks for them i didnt see any for a while then the eggs hatched and i was finding baby ones for a couple of searches with 1 or 2 bigger ones thrown in there i continued to spray and today i checked and only found one big one and no babies and there hasn't been any on my sons bed right next to ours since we first started treatment its been like 2 months now so i just wanted to know if where i only found 1 today i maybe in the clear? Or atleast close? How long does it usuallu take to get rid of them on your own? My land lord said he had them once anf he bombed and washed his clothes and they were gone. That just sound to simple compared to what weve been through. Please someone let me know how long they last!! I havent seen any new excrement anywhere i got new sheets and thete are no spots on them or the covers is this too good to be true or am i missing something here? Its getting to be summer anf to hot to sleep in a full jumpsuit lol when wull my life be returned to me?

2. mp7ski

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 16:43:48
    #

Login to Send PM

First things first, stop using bombs. They don't work and just spread the bugs. If you are finding bugs, even one, when looking for them, It's very likely there are more. I have an infestation and check thoroughly all the time, yet can't find a single live one. They are masters at hiding.

Getting rid of bed bugs is a complex process and takes time, research and diligence. Often, even when people do everything right, they still have them.

It sounds like you haven't researched how to treat diy properly. This site has a faqs section regarding diy, I suggest you find it and use it.

If you can, bring in a bed bug expert pco, that is your best chance at getting rid of them. Diy takes a ton of research and hard work. Bombing and washing your clothes won't do the job.

What spray and powder are you using?

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. Hsmith6990

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 21 2017 20:15:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I only bombed in the begining. i mostly searched them out and killed them and then sprayed. I was using hot shot products but the bugs were just living in the powder so i got ortho and havent seen any since i sprayed it 4 days ago. I have hunted vigilantly for their hiding spots every day. My infestation wasnt thatonly to begin with i caught it quickly they are onlu in my room i caught the ones that tried to escape. I havent seen any excrement at all. And ive done plenty of research i dont take this lightly i have children.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,014 posts in 42,679 topics over 129 months by 18,730 of 19,277 members. Latest: postbugs, BirdMitesGoAway, whyme22