(13 posts)
  1. Praxey

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 10:51:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Our new smartphone app, Praxey, allows anyone to initiate a paid videocall with a bed bug professional.

This service will help anyone...
    1. Who has received bites, discovered a bug, or sees traces that they think might be bed bugs, and wants answers quickly.
    2. Who knows they have bed bugs and is looking for expert advice regarding treatment options.
    3. Who has general questions about bed bugs or the bed bug industry.
    4. Seeks a professional "sounding board" regarding their infestation.

Praxey is partnering with bedbugger.com to bring this service to any bedbugger.com reader who seeks more immediate, personal contact with an expert.

We seek experts interested in fielding these calls. If you are interested, you can download the Praxey app, available on the Apple app store, and Google Play store, fill out your information, and name your price. We are suggesting $2/min, consistent with the prices of the two experts already listed on the platform, including David Cain from Bed Bugs Limited in the UK, a frequent contributor to this forum. We are attempting to have enough providers that one will always be available to forum readers. Ideally, English speaking experts from India, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, or Hawaii will sign up, so there will be help available 24 hours a day.

To call an expert, a forum reader will need to likewise download the app, set up an account, provide a credit card, and search "bed bug." The app works very similar to Facetime, calling the service provider's smartphone directly. Once the connection is made, a 30 second grace period starts. Use this time to make sure you have a good connection and want to continue, or, discontinue the call before the 30 seconds is up, and no charges will be incurred. After the call is completed, your card will be charged based on the rate requested and the amount of time elapsed.

I am interested in any feedback from readers of this forum, anyone concerned that they might have bed bugs. Do you think such an on demand, video chat with a bed bug expert service might be of value to you?

You can learn more about Praxey at Praxey.com.

Stephen Rose
  2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 12:52:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't see any text with your post, however the concept is a good one. After all, doctors are now doing phone/video consultations, so why not PCO's?

I could see great benefits here either for DIY's or for those looking for a pre-treatment inspection short of having someone come over, or just a second opinion. Also great for folks who don't have the quality of PCO's available that we have here on this site.

I don't know if Killer Queen, Paul, or some of the other PCOs here would be interested, but I'd certainly pay them for phone/video advice. Oh, wait, they do that here for free!!!

But seriously, this could be a good in between step between free forum advice and actually having them over for an inspection. And if you're a do-it-yourselfer, it's a way they could look over your shoulder with for example on where to apply dust and how much.

Richard

3. Praxey

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 18:26:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - thanks for your comment. I think my post was flagged. This happened, even though I mentioned in the post that we are partnering with Bedbugger.com, and I received approval ahead of time to post what I did. I have contacted the admin, and hopefully it will be reinstated.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 19:10:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Stephen,
    Sorry your post went into the spam filter. It's back now.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 19:56:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Stephen,

I responded without reading any of the text -- the text portion was blank at that time -- but it still sounds like an interesting idea. A few questions.

1. Will you have a choice in advance of which professional you video conference with? For example, some experts may have different specialities, treatment approaches, or different types of help they want to offer, which may determine who you want to choose for advice.

2. Related to "1", above, will the experts have bios and statements online of the type of services they will offer via video available that you can look at prior to a video conference?

3. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a privacy policy on your website. Who has access to your name and phone number? Your company? The expert you conference with? Bedbugger.com? Is your contact information retained, shared or sold to any other parties for future marketing, etc?

4. Does one have to be a bedbugger.com user/member to use this service?

Thanks for any help.

Richard

6. Praxey

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:01:39
    #

Login to Send PM

No worries!

Hi Richard,

1. Yes, you will pick the professional. Each one will have a separate profile. So, you might call an entomologist, assuming we can convince one to sign up, if you are looking strictly to identify a bug, or pick a treatment pro, if you have questions about that aspect of an infestation, etc...

2. Yes, although each one will fill theirs out individually, so the level of detail may vary from professional to professional.

3. The privacy policy is included at the bottom of our Terms of Use page here: https://praxey.com/Home/TermCondition

Nobody, not even Praxey, will have access to your phone number, since this call happens purely within the app. Even your name will not necessarily be available, unless you choose to provide it. The expert you call will only see your Praxey username. He will have no other information unless you choose to provide it on your call. As per our TOU, we do not share even the limited information we have about you (email, maybe name) with anyone outside our company. We certainly will not sell it. We may email you at your email address on occassion, although there will be an "unsubscribe" option from those emails if you prefer not to receive any, and/or you can delete the app, account.

Praxey is actually a platform, though, and has a growing number of professionals in other fields as well, so we hope that after your bed bug related call, if you have a good experience, you would keep it installed for other situations where you need to talk to an expert.

4. No.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a privacy policy on your website. Who has access to your name and phone number? Your company? The expert you conference with? Bedbugger.com? Is your contact information retained, shared or sold to any other parties for future marketing, etc?

4. Does one have to be a bedbugger.com user/member to use this service?

Just to clarify about Bedbugger's role-- we're planning to advertise the service and if users go through our ads to use the service, it will help support the running of this site (as with stores we advertise like Bed Bug Supply and US Bed Bugs). We aren't involved in providing the service in any way.

8. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:29:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Stephen,

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. You said in part:

"....Nobody, not even Praxey, will have access to your phone number, since this call happens purely within the app. Even your name will not necessarily be available, unless you choose to provide it. The expert you call will only see your Praxey username. He will have no other information unless you choose to provide it on your call. As per our TOU, we do not share even the limited information we have about you (email, maybe name) with anyone outside our company. We certainly will not sell it..."

And yet the Terms of Use page you linked to seems to contradict this at first read. Can you please reconcile the two? Thanks.

FROM TERMS OF USE PAGE:

Data we collect:
    Praxey collects user generated info that you provide to us, including but not limited to your name, email, description of your business, contact information etc. We also collect and maintain the records of your activity on Praxey, including but not limited to: who and when you call or receive a call, from which devices, IP addresses, Operating systems, browsers, and locations from which you access the service.

9. F. Pazos

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 4:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I am in.
    Name as here, F. Pazos.
    I can receive calls about Bed Bugs from 7 am to 8 pm Hong Kong time (UTC +8)
    I think that this is a really good service, people can get instant advice, and that would help them.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  10. Praxey

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 11:23:02
    #

Login to Send PM

F. Pazos - great! Have you installed the app on your phone? I will try to give you a quick intro call tomorrow morning your time.

Hi Richard - sorry but I don't see the discrepancy between the two. Can you be more specific with your question?

Does anyone else have any thoughts regarding this idea?

11. crossroads

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 12:30:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Seems like a great use of technology!
    And perhaps it opens up opportunities/use cases for PCOs which never really existed before.
    For example, helping a traveller who got an infestation and is still on the road sanitize their belongings before returning home.

12. Praxey

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 20:38:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Crossroads, hopefully people will realize and use the tool for those other opportunities.

13. Praxey

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 10:05:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Any other thoughts about this idea of paid, remote consultations?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,552 posts in 40,924 topics over 125 months by 17,908 of 18,300 members. Latest: lagayle59, kleio, Tyedye203