• Started 2 months ago by mp7ski
  • Latest reply from mp7ski
  • (no related topics found)
  1. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 14:53:32
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I've been preparing to move and have our stuff fumigation in a moving truck. Payed rent on a new place and the old place for this month so I have time to do so. Have been buying things and moving it into the new place, taking extreme precautions with ourselves when we go there.

Well today we did just that and my dad stopped by to check the new place out. As we walked through and walked back through I looked down and what do I see, a dead bed bug on the floor... I freaked... where'd it come from? Did it fall off of me? Did it fall off my dad who may have them and not know? Are they in the new place? I don't know what to think. I'm so lost and exhausted. Fu!!

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 18:18:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I have nothing of real value here.... other than I'd prefer dead over alive. So there's that...

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 18:23:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Dead is good. You have been treating, so it's possible that the dead bug you saw fell off or out of something, especially if it was in the open on the floor. Dead is good.

If you suggest your dad has them, maybe suggest monitors in his home as a precaution.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  4. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 19:05:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, after going to the bar, having a beer and burger I decided the same. Dead is better than alive so I went about my usual business, planning on going forward with my plan thinking it must have fell off my thoroughly dried clothes. But I decided to go back and look thoroughly and sure enough, found a live one in the main bedroom after 30 seconds. The new place has them. Turns out the previous tenants had a dumpster out in front of it a month earlier throwing a lot of stuff out. I called the landlord and told him and I could tell he knew. He gave me my money back and is reimbursing some money for the new stuff we put in it. We haven't moved a single thing of ours out of the old house and I could tell they set off bug bombs not to long ago cause there were dead bugs of all kinds. Also talked to the landlord at my current place and he's letting us stay as long as is needed. Just glad I found out before I spent all that money. I'm out about a thousand in new stuff but it is what it is. The search for another place continues.

5. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 19:10:32
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Well, after going to the bar, having a beer and burger I decided the same. Dead is better than alive so I went about my usual business, planning on going forward with my plan thinking it must have fell off my thoroughly dried clothes. But I decided to go back and look thoroughly and sure enough, found a live one in the main bedroom after 30 seconds. The new place has them. Turns out the previous tenants had a dumpster out in front of it a month earlier throwing a lot of stuff out. I called the landlord and told him and I could tell he knew. He gave me my money back and is reimbursing some money for the new stuff we put in it. We haven't moved a single thing of ours out of the old house and I could tell they set off bug bombs not to long ago cause there were dead bugs of all kinds. Also talked to the landlord at my current place and he's letting us stay as long as is needed. Just glad I found out before I spent all that money. I'm out about a thousand in new stuff but it is what it is. The search for another place continues.

Omg. Well, 1- I'm glad you've gone back and had a look prior to moving in. 2- the landlord needs to be smacked. Certain things should be mentioned. 😩 And finally, 3- it sucks you're at square one again, but I do wish you the very best of luck with moving to a new, and hopefully CLEAN AND BUG FREE place!

6. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 19:23:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so, so, so sorry to hear that! I'm angry just reading it, but I am glad you checked. I can't imagine! Shame on that landlord!

When you find the next place, I would insist on them disclosing if there have been BB in the past, and when. When I move again (currently with family), I will be asking for sure.

7. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 19:32:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm looking at the positives. At least I found out before I went through with all of this and spent thousands of dollars treating my own stuff just to get them back from the new place. At least I still have a roof over my head. At least im getting money back from the landlord. And at least it didn't fall off of my dad meaning he had them.

It sucks cause I'm stuck in a house that has them as well, but under control and I have to try and find another rental and pray to God it don't have bed bugs either.

8. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 20:38:01
    #

Login to Send PM

OMFG is right!! I feel for you man. But at least you didn't move in with the bugs. And the land lord was understanding. That could have been nightmare part 2!

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  9. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 15:37:36
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 1 day ago  » 
    OMFG is right!! I feel for you man. But at least you didn't move in with the bugs. And the land lord was understanding. That could have been nightmare part 2!

Right, he actually seems like a decent guy but regardless I was not moving into that house. If I had to go to court over it, I would have. Hes actually also my dad's landlord and he likes my dad so that could have played a part.

10. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 12:04:04
    #

Login to Send PM

O.M.G. , what the hell?! I cannot believe this has happened to you.

And you're out a grand and back to square one to boot?

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 12:28:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its a lot more common than people would realise.

Its also the number one reason why the advice is stay and resolve not flee and leave a problem for someone else.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  12. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 18:02:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Ouch.

Nobody will make me feel guilty for leaving the bed bugs behind. The landlord was clueless and 2 years of my life was all I had to give to "the cause". I didnt bring them in so too bad.

Mp7ski, I empathize and truly hope you find a way out of this nightmare.

13. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 16 2017 8:35:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi bugged-cdn,

Sorry if you have read that as guilt'ing, its not. Its a statement of simple short fact.

I reserve the guilt'ing for those I have known to infest 3 or more properties, moving and leaving the problem behind them each time. The more extreme illustration is something I first tracked in 2004 where some communities in London live in houses where the common link is country of origin. This may be 8 people in a 4 bedroom house. The turn over of these houses is high with residents often moving after 3 - 6 months. When you combine this with the wider communities that develop clustered around social clubs and shops that sell imported produce you can quickly see that the issue can becomes associated with a group of people within a geographic area.

I have taken great lengths to remove any specific country because this is a universal pattern, it also happens within social groups, sexual identities, music scenes, religious communities and just about any gathering of people, why because people can transport bed bugs and as such more people will always mean a higher risk. We even have one current cluster associated with the staff at one serious of buildings in central London.

The solution is specific education and communication to those clusters when they occur, to find the community leaders and communication channels to explain this as clearly as possible.

When it comes to moving from an infested property the reality is its a step that multiplies the issue and often does not resolve it. In a recent phone call I picked an example of a location where we have a known occupational cluster and as it happens the person on the other end of the phone went silent and then confirmed they worked in that very building I had named. Given that London has 10 million people that live here and 40 million that work here the odds of that are rather slim at best.

Sometimes the world speaks to us through synchronicity.

I hope that explains.

David

14. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 16 2017 19:24:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with your main points david. I don't want to move, I would much rather resolve the issue here. Because I do realised how easy it is to move bed bugs with you. However, some people don't have a choice. I'm renting, my lease is up in November when I will be kicked out and the landlord plans on selling the house.

But again, we've had failed exterminator attempts, failed diy attempts, and the landlord being unwilling to allow a heat treatment due to potential damage to the house. So I don't have a choice, I moving one way or another, ASAP or in november.

Moving from bed bugs is not impossible. I believe the biggest issue is that people don't get how easy it is to move them with you and what you have to do to give you your best chances of succeeding.

I know 3 people personally who pulled it off doing less than what I am doing. My cousin had them in Kentucky, in 4 rooms and pretty bad. They used aerosols, bug bombs, and did heat treatment with kerosene heaters without much success. When they moved, they threw out their furniture and any wood, only visually inspecting the rest of their belongings. Yet they moved and went 1.5 years with no further signs before moving back to MI.

The other was a similar situation except they were confined to 1 room, had a failed exterminator attempt, and failed did heat treatment before moving the same way my cousins did. It's been five years since and they are also bed bug free.

The third was my psychiatrist who got them from a hotel, had them pretty bad in her bed room and didn't even get treatment. Just threw out her bed and frame, steamed everything she was taking with a rather cheap steamer and moved. She's been bed bug free for 2.5 years.

I understand it's difficult and not morally right to leave the issue for someone else to deal with. But a lot of us have no other choice.

I know youre not going to agree with me one way or another, it's how you are, I see it all the time on here. But the fact is, not everyone has access to quality pcos, not everybody has the ability to become their own pco, and not everyone has a choice to stay and fight or move.

15. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 16 2017 19:32:22
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 1 day ago  » 
    O.M.G. , what the hell?! I cannot believe this has happened to you.
    And you're out a grand and back to square one to boot?

Yup, I'm just thankful I found them before going through with my plan and moving in there, the real nightmare would have been to do all that and then just move into a house that already had them.

They are really getting out of control in my area. Since I've got them, almost everyone is talking about them. I live in a town of about 3000 people, yet 2 apartment complexes have them, the holiday Inn in the town over has them, the great wolf lodge up north has them, A retirement home has them, and multiple homes that I know of have them. They just keep spreading.

16. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 17 2017 8:11:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi mp7ski,

My statement is not about agreeing with you or not, in fact its not about you at all, its about the risks associated with moving and multiplying the problem. Often by virtue of the cause of the issue not being addressed rather than the accidental transportation of the issue from location a to location b.

If you think about that last sentence in light of the three examples you gave it might become clearer. Your example who was exposed in the hotel was by nature a single source case. In such scenarios a light non dispersed infestation is not likely to be beyond the bed and as such localized disposal is an expensive but feasible option. In the others moving can disrupt the contact with the source of the issue in the first place and thus disrupt the infestation cycle even in a "local source" infestation dynamic.

Equally a person can throw the kitchen sink at an issue and still not resolve it because they continue to introduce bed bugs into their lives. When such people move they may continue to introduce that issue to the new location if they are not addressing things completely.

It is also not about having access to local professionals because that barrier lowered in 2010, was further lowered in 2014 and by 2017 we have examples of self empowered people all over the world.

My writings are often more about helping those who read and might not post, or who find this information in years to come so that they have a more complete understanding. It should be avoided, yes it can not always be avoided which is why I have been very clear from some of my early posts on the subject the impact can quickly become exponential.

To me this is less of a moral issue as an ethical one and the social contract we have with each other.

This is why its not about agreeing with you, I would not have offered the input had I not hoped it would be useful to at least the majority of people who read it.

David

17. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 18 2017 22:35:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Omg! I'm so sorry this happened to you!!!!! As someone said before I would make the next place disclose the information. So happy you found it before you moved everything though.

18. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 19 2017 8:42:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Well wish me luck, going to look at a rental this morning. We know who the previous tenants were and to the best of our knowledge they did not have bed bugs. Won't stop me from looking for signs though.

19. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 19 2017 9:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck! Keep us posted, and ASK.

20. mp7ski

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 19 2017 9:29:19
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 7 minutes ago  » 

Thanks, asking isnt really an option if I want the place. Rentals are ridiculously hard to come by in my area. We got lucky with this one cause we knew who use to live there and had a heads up that it is open. I guess there are about 30-40 other people that inquired about the place and I fear if I even bring up the words bed bugs than we won't get it. I'm pretty confident this place don't have them.

21. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 19 2017 12:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 2 hours ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 7 minutes ago  » 

Thanks, asking isnt really an option if I want the place. Rentals are ridiculously hard to come by in my area. We got lucky with this one cause we knew who use to live there and had a heads up that it is open. I guess there are about 30-40 other people that inquired about the place and I fear if I even bring up the words bed bugs than we won't get it. I'm pretty confident this place don't have them.

I can understand that. I'm a big mouth though and I'd just blame it on other rentals I've looked at. "I've looked at several rentals and they were infested" but I dontotally understand why you don't want to bring it up.

22. Tim m

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 19 2017 14:46:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck hope everything works out for you. I live in NY so bed bugs are the norm around here. It's hard to find a place that doesn't have them or did have them at one point. It's to the point around here I swear the corner stores will start selling them lol. I just went and got new furniture six months ago I flat out asked them does this store have or had bed bugs. If we end up moving I will most definitely ask the new landlord and surrounding tennets of any bug issues.

23. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 8:13:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, we got the other rental and we can be pretty sure there are no bugs cause extended family lived there before we got it.

We have a very busy week ahead of us. Our fumigator in grand Rapids backed out on us so now I must drive down to Chicago which is 5 hours away, drop the truck off for 2.5-3 days, come back up here and then drive back down there and pick it up.

But I'm sort of glad we have to go to Chicago cause all he deals with is fumigation and he will do a higher concentration (3x) since I told him we have furniture carpet beetles as well.

It's not going to go perfectly. We have one girl who just started school and we all need clothes for those few days but the few items that won't be going in the truck will be treated in a packtite and sealed up until needed.

Then after the move, we'll rent a dumpster, go back to the old rental and empty it wearing clothes and shoes we can dispose of, then shower and put on sealed clothes and hopefully leave them all behind.

Afterall, it will cost me around $7000 total so....

Wish me luck...

24. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 7:25:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Moved in, fumigation is done... and I sit here with a few of the red pin prick reactions I was having... I don't get it... everything in me is trying to say it's not bed bugs and it's something else... but a part of me knows better.

The fumigation said he drilled them. Used a higher concentration than what was needed and held it for longer than needed.

We did so much... pretreated almost everything... threw out all furniture... wtf... I pray to God this is just my paranoia but I know better. The reactions stopped for the few days the truck was with the fumigator... first night after getting it back... reactions... I'm so fed up with this.

25. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 12:30:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I followed (more or less) your story and I feel so sorry for you! That's awful, I really hope that the marks on your skin are not bedbugs bites. I feel for you.

26. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 15:07:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Remember that high stress can make old bites flare up. Just try to relax and get it off your mind. I know its easier said than done but as soon as I relaxed my itching stopped after a few days.

27. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 18:55:43
    #

Login to Send PM

The reactions stopped for the few days the truck was with the fumigator... first night after getting it back... reactions

I really, really hope you're worried for nothing. As mentioned above it could be old bites flaring up.

28. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 18:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks everyone... I can't imagine what I will do if we brought them with us. On a sort of positive note, I woke up yesterday morning and went to work, while at work I noticed a red pinprick reaction on the inner part of my arm opposite my elbow (elbowpit??? Lol) again, I was immediately depressed. Then later in the day I started itching my other arm in the same spot and looked and literally watched red pinprick marks appear out of nowhere. I think I'm itching myself so hard that it's causing blood to come up and create red pinprick spots on my skin. I must be doing the same in my sleep. I still have marks that aren't caused from that and I don't know where they are coming from, but I have hope now...

29. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 22:34:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Ugh... came home from work today, laid in bed for a bit and had a raised welt on my arm after about an hour. I'm pretty much convinced we brought them with us somehow. I don't understand how. We did so much, pretreated everything with a packtite, a very hot dryer, or ddvp strips, took so many precautions and had all our stuff fumigated... it must have failed. I don't get it. He used a higher concentration and even held it for longer than 24hrs. The whole process cost me soooo much money... and my gf is happy to be back to normal. Now I feel like I failed them... I pray with every part of my soul that I'm wrong and all these skin reactions are a coincidence but I need to be realistic. They are the same reactions I was getting at the old infested rental.

I installed passive monitors on both our beds... don't have much confidence in them though... I don't know what I'm going to do... my gf is to the point where if we brought them with us, we're just going to have to deal with it, which I I can't do. I'm lost... how could one do so much and still have an issue... God I hope I'm wrong...

30. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 6:46:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I need to come up with a plan in case I do find them. But I don't know where to start. I've already spent close to $10000 altogether between treatments, self treating, moving, and replacing stuff. I'm not sure what I would do or how to tell our awesome new landlord. I would bring in a professional in a heart beat but all the exterminators in my area aren't good enough. Any that heat treat don't do the whole house and don't follow up with chemicals or dusts. And the best one around told me themselves that while their chemical treatments can be effective, they aren't 100 percent due to resistance.

What would you guys do... I'm at a loss. I know I need to relax and wait for evidence besides bites but I need to have a plan as well... and I'm not sure what that would be.

31. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 12:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Im so sorry darling. I hate to say it but what if the bugs were already at that place? Maybe the people living there were non reactors and didnt really know what to look for. I am so sorry but keep your head up. It could be something else. It very well could be bites just appearing fron 2 weeks ago.

32. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 12:23:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Another way to montior is the good ol sitting up and watching if bugs come to eat. Get your self all sweaty by running then sit on the bed in the dark. Your body heat and heavy breathing will draw them to you (im guessing). Worth a try.

33. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 18:09:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you still have Cimexa? Start treating the areas you're worried about.

34. mp7ski

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 18:58:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I extremely doubt they were in here beforehand as the people that were in this house before us are extended family and told us of this place opening up. As for the rest, my gf is the problem. She's fed up and thinks I'm being paranoid. I'm holding on to hope she's right. I pray to God I am being paranoid... but there's just too much I can't ignore. She didn't even want me to put the monitors on the bed. She tells me if we do have them, there's nothing we can do and she's not going back to the way we were living before. I somewhat agree with her, we aren't going back to that lifestyle regardless but like I told her, we can't do nothing or they will get out of control. I'm just going to relax and wait for evidence and hope it never comes. I'll commit a day of the week to doing an inspection of the monitors and beds. Other than that... idk what else to do.

35. mp7ski

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 23 2017 8:07:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't get it guys... I just dont. I'm getting at least one new mark very night. With everything I did, how can it be that frequent already.

I did so much... I threw out 90% of our belongings, all furniture, and pretreated everything possible. All clothes went loosely into a commercial dryer for 1.5 hours. Everything we took was either treated in a packtite or in a jumbo zip lock bag with ddvp strip for 4 months... yes... 4 months. The only things that weren't pretreated in one form or another were a 55 inch tv and a satellite reciever. But those things have been surrounded by a almost invisible layer of cimexa for close to 6 months. And then all of that was put into the moving truck... packed ridiculously loose and fumigated. I literally went above and beyond with everything I did. You should have seen the way I packed the truck and the boxes. There is no way that fumigant didn't reach everywhere.

The fumigator did a way higher concentration than needed and for longer than needed.

I just don't understand... I want to believe these skin reactions are something else... but I'm not stupid. They are the exact same reactions I got at the old place when things started getting worse. I'd treat, they'd go away. And then come back after some time.

I can't find anything but I don't expect to until they multiply. And then when I do... I have no freaking clue what I'd do. Looks like I'll be stuck with them the rest of my life, cause if I have them after everything I did? What more can I do...

36. bedbugsbugme

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 23 2017 13:05:28
    #

Login to Send PM

It is possible that someone got lazy with packing items and it didnt get treated properly. Especially since your girlfriend was "getting sick of living like that". I know my husband can be lazy even if I yell at him to undress outside during tick season and we still end up with ticks getting into our house. Not everyone in your household will be as diligent as you were when you made the move. Same reaaon I don't let my husband do housework, it turns out half assed at best. Maybe you can find the harbourage before they get out of control again.

But that is the only thing I can think of other than the bugs already being there OR perhaps the neighbors have them and they just started spreading. I'm so sorry man.

37. mp7ski

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 7:30:06
    #

Login to Send PM

There's just no way anyone was lazy with the packing since I literally took part in packing every box. We didn't even box things inside the home. Everything we took was bagged up from when we treated it in the packtite and with ddvp strips, we brought those bags outside and packed the boxes outside. I then packed the truck myself and even used 1 inch cardboard spacers from my work between every box and poked holes in even very box as well. Nothing was stacked and there was so much space in the truck it was ridiculous. I'm thinking they had to be in the satellite reciever in my room or my laptop. But i made sure these things and anything else i was worried about was in a very loose box right near where they would pump the gas in. But it just doesn't make sense why the fumigation wouldnt work. I wish I could believe these reactions are caused by something else or are delayed but I just can't believe that.

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have no evidence yet but if I'm going to treat my self I should do it ASAP to give me the best chance. I think we've been in there long enough that any bugs have relocated to the bed now so I could focus heavy there. The problem is my gf and the money factor again.

I know I should wait for evidence but I'm afraid by then it will be too late.

38. Ombugsman

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 9:03:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I recall you mentioned your GF was reacting to bites at the previous location. Is she also showing reactions at your new home?

39. mp7ski

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 9:00:21
    #

Login to Send PM

She is but not like me. She only has one or two of the red pinprick reactions, but she also has a few welt type reactions. She thinks it's just a coincidence and random spots and mine are are all mental. She tries to keep any skin reactions from me as she knows how I'll respond to it. I suffer severe anxiety from all of this so she's trying to help in that regard. I'm almost positive we brought them with us. I don't get it but that doesn't matter at this point. Idk what the hell I'm going to do. All the pcos in our area suck and I'm completely drained financially, mentally, and physically. I have to wait until I find evidence but I'm sure that's just in due time.

40. bedbugsbugme

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Sep 26 2017 9:57:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Im telling you. My "bites" stopped when I stopped imaginimg bites. Your body can literally make bites appear because that is all on your mind. Did you have bites when you were staying away from your home? When you stop worrying about it, your body stops doing that. Remrmber that your skin has been bitten many many times. It can make old bites reappear under stress. ❤

41. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 30 2017 18:07:10
    #

Login to Send PM

How are things, mp7ski?

42. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 9:01:17
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 2 days ago  » 
    How are things, mp7ski?

Not good... been getting more reactions recently, quite a few of the red pin pricks. I just recently started getting smaller welts that happen over night and go away for the most part by mid day. I'm about 95 percent positive we brought them with us somehow. If I had to guess they were in the TV and satellite receiver we have in our room and the fumigation failed. They must have spread into the electronics when orkin used that aerosol at the old rental.

I'm so exhausted and dumbfounded. I did so much, spent so much money, thought we had our life back... I guess not. I had over $17000 in savings toward a house before this, I now have less than $7000.

The worst part is I can't talk about it with my gf. She's convinced we don't have them and any time i mention bbs she gets really pissed at me.

I don't know what to do. I feel they are at a very low level right now and would be undetected upon inspection.

I want to call in and professional and get a heat treatment before it gets cold here in MI but all the companies suck. They don't do the whole house and they don't follow up the heat treatment with chemicals.

I feel trapped. About my only other option is to spend $1000 on a steamer and chemicals and do my best to diy... but I know that won't get the job done.

Not to mention I'd have to convince my gf that we have them. I'm going to do a thorough inspection while she's working today but I doubt that will turn up anything.

The worst part is we are not taking the precautions we were before and I can't imagine getting my gf to do so again without proof.

I just wish we had access to a reliable pco who did heat treatments. I just wish my gf would be more cooperative, I get why she is acting the way she's acting, she's fed up and exhausted... but ... idk. I just don't know anymore. I miss my life, my family, my friends... I failed my family and am running out of options. I can't live like this. I'm at my breaking point.

43. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 9:48:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Even low level infestations leave evidence. When was the last time you found a live bed bug?

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  44. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 10:05:42
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Even low level infestations leave evidence. When was the last time you found a live bed bug?

Honestly, the last time I seen a live bug was at the old rental probably 7-8 months ago, but we were getting treated and constantly treating. Plus we had cimexa applied and would treat the beds and frames every month and reapply cimexa.

We had the TV and satellite reciever surrounded in cimexa for 6 months but I'm thinking they avoided it and stayed in them until we moved.

Now that our bed isn't isolated and don't have cimexa down, reactions are more frequent and getting worse.

45. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 10:38:05
    #

Login to Send PM

You would see poop by now if there were any bugs. If you want just put some cimexa down on the bed legs and may5nr put interceptors. I really don't think you have bugs anymore. Its in your head and the marks are showing up from stress. Trust your girlfriend on this ok? Just take her word for it.

46. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 11:40:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish I could but she woke up this morning with two skin reactions on her wrist. I pointed them out and she got pissed and said they are pimples... on her wrist, okay...

47. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 11:49:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I really wish I could just forget about it. But I've only been in this rental for three weeks and since getting the truck back, skin reactions have gotten progressively worse. And it's not just on me. I'm tempted to bring in a k9 but then I'd have to get the landlord involved and idk if that's a good idea at this point. Plus it will cost me $300 just for the k9.

48. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 11:51:59
    #

Login to Send PM

No bed bugs in 7-8 months? Then bed bugs aren't your problem. Especially with that heavy treatment regimen you were going through, there would have been something in all that time.

Bed bugs are not the only cause of skin irritations; you're trying to fit something where it doesn't go, trust your girlfriend, she knows more about her skin than you.

49. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 17:00:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Bigdummy, I respect your opinion just as much as I respect Lous or Nobugs and I agree with you that in 99 % of cases similar to mine, it's not bbs. However, there's just too much I can't ignore.

See, when we first found out about our issue it was bad, then or kin used a aerosol that spread them everywhere. There was fecal all over the room all living room after they "treated." Then after three of their treatments, I treated myself and watched a few bugs crawl out from cracks in the wall from my treatment. They died but it just showed me how bad it really was.

After that, we did the cimexa. The bites would stop after we did this but after a few weeks they would gradually come back. I knew they were there so it never really inspected for them after that. I believe our treatments and the cimexa kept them in check.

Now, since we moved, we had no reactions for the 3 days the truck was with the fumigator, but the morning after getting the truck back we got reactions and they gradually have gotten worse.

Believe me, I pray with everything in me I'm wrong, but I'm also realistic and can't ignore all the signs.

50. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 17:25:38
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Bigdummy, I respect your opinion just as much as I respect Lous or Nobugs and I agree with you that in 99 % of cases similar to mine, it's not bbs. However, there's just too much I can't ignore.
    See, when we first found out about our issue it was bad, then or kin used a aerosol that spread them everywhere. There was fecal all over the room all living room after they "treated." Then after three of their treatments, I treated myself and watched a few bugs crawl out from cracks in the wall from my treatment. They died but it just showed me how bad it really was.
    After that, we did the cimexa. The bites would stop after we did this but after a few weeks they would gradually come back. I knew they were there so it never really inspected for them after that. I believe our treatments and the cimexa kept them in check.
    Now, since we moved, we had no reactions for the 3 days the truck was with the fumigator, but the morning after getting the truck back we got reactions and they gradually have gotten worse.
    Believe me, I pray with everything in me I'm wrong, but I'm also realistic and can't ignore all the signs.

But the signs are not a one-to-one relationship pointing to bed bugs. You are interpreting the lesions as a result of bed bug feeding. It is possible that your skin lesions are not bed bug derived. I had clients who had skin lesions and used aerosol bombs to kill what was bothering them. In 3 days the skin lesions returned. After every treatment, skin lesions began a few days after treatment. There was particulate matter and fibers in the air, possibly some type of allergen. The aerosol droplets were enough to settle out the particulate matter from the air, but as everything dried and evaporated, the particulate matter or allergenic material was back up in the air. Air purifiers helped remove the particulate matter and the skin reactions disappeared.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  51. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 18:40:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I know how stressed out you have been, I've been there.

Sometimes our bodies react even stronger when the stressor is removed. And things settle back down slowly.

I don't think you brought them. Allow yourself to believe you didn't, that unless there is evidence to the contrary (live bugs, cast skins, eggs, or confirmed fecal), you didn't bring them.

Wishing you all the best...

52. mp7ski

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 5:34:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for taking the time to try and talk some sense into me guys and gals. I'm still not convinced it's not bed bugs but I'm keeping an open mind. I didn't get a chance to inspect yesterday with the kids running around but I'll try and do so by this weekend. Just hard to come home from a days work and put in the effort a thorough inspection takes, especially while watching 2 little girls. I'll do my inspection soon, then if our reactions continue or get worse, I may just have to pay for k9 once and for all. Then if that turns up nothing, ill just stop the nonsense and use andll passive monitor to keep an eye out.

53. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 10:23:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Stick to that plan, and trust in the dog and handler. It'll be a great success to have your peace of mind back, you've been tormenting yourself too long.

54. mp7ski

Posted 21 hours ago
    Sun Oct 22 2017 8:03:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so exhausted... so sick of living like this. Reactions have been getting a little worse recently. My gf woke up with two welts on her arm last night and I woke up with two pinprick marks on my arm this morning and a welt on my stomach (sleep with shirt off) I've tried ignoring these reactions but I can't any more. I should call in a k9 but i don't even know what i would do when they confirm it. I would get a heat treatment but they just don't perform them they way they should be done around here. My savings are dwindling and any money i spend now should be spent wisely.... I just don't know what is wise anymore.

55. mp7ski

Posted 9 hours ago
    Sun Oct 22 2017 20:18:33
    #

Login to Send PM

And on top of that, my gfs oldest daughter just complained of some bites on her neck that itched, I looked and sure enough, three red raised welts that she's been itching at with one having a scab from her itching so much. OMFG.... I'm about to lose it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234