Nuvan pro strips

(6 posts)
  1. stardog32

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Mar 13 2017 8:38:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you get these at a store?

How did you successfully use them? I'm concerned about shoes, leather jackets, possibly books. But I'm fine with tossing the books they don't mean that much to me. I'm not kiddng. If I could toss the jackets and shoes I would. Heck leave everything and move (naked) somewhere else.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Mar 13 2017 9:22:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Those aren't common locations for harborages, so I don't think any of those items need to be destroyed.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 0:43:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, they or a similar product is sold in stores depending where you are. Dichlorvos (DDVP) strips are available in the US and Canada. In the US, Nuvan Prostrips are not available to consumers in CT or NY but Hot Shot No Pest Strips.

Another product, based on Neem rather than DDVP, called Cirkil/Proof may also be used with "rag in a bag method", though there's an odor associated with that product which may concern some.

More info on DDVP strips and Cirkil/Proof in Useful Tools.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. FayeState

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 1:09:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs,
    Do you know which of all these products is the least toxic, yet still effective? Thank you.

5. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 6:11:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs,
    Do you know which of all these products is the least toxic, yet still effective? Thank you.

What are you looking to treat with DDVP?

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 0:44:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi FayeState,

I'm not able to answer that. I would guess it might be the Neen-based product, but I am not an expert.

The other two I mentioned are both DDVP, same active ingredient, so probably not much difference between them.

However, without a visual confirmation of current bed bugs, I don't think it's wise or necessary to use any such products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,484 posts in 42,162 topics over 127 months by 18,503 of 18,993 members. Latest: Searching4answer, amybooks, imbuggingout