Not sure but getting paranoid

(5 posts)
  1. ame10233

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 11:22:51
    #

Login to Send PM

So I recently moved into a new apartment, and during the walk-through (after signing the lease) noticed a stain on the carpet. Snapped a picture of it and my friend told me to get some water and see if I could smudge it (she's had a past bed bug experience) and I was able to. Had an odd smell that I couldn't place. She was apprehensive about it so we took a picture Carpet Stain. I asked about any previous pest control issues and they said there hadn't been any and they sent over a cleaner who was able to get rid of it pretty quick.

Fast forward a week and I woke up to a few blood stains on my sheets this morning. Took apart my mattress set and examined every damn seam, looked at the headboard and the fabric frame and shone a light into the box spring... nothing. Checked other areas around the bed as well. I just bought all new furniture and I live a sparse life, so all I have in my bedroom is a bed and some totes. I'll keep a lookout for activity, but I placed climbups on every spot that touches the floor and pulled the bed away from the wall just in case.

Just wanted to know if that spot looks like something I should be concerned about?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 12:08:43
    #

Login to Send PM

The spot is nothing.

And for your own head - you better remove the climb ups, stop talking to friends, or reading about bed bugs online. You'll be off the deep end by Christmas.

Good luck

3. ame10233

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:11:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the quick answer KillerQueen. Makes me feel better, but I'm curious as to what you are looking for when you look at possible fecal stains? Without bed bug blue to verify what are the physical characteristics you look for? I was able to smudge it with water and it was a tad smaller before, but it could easily have been grease or who knows what.

4. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:21:39
    #

Login to Send PM

ame10233 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the quick answer KillerQueen. Makes me feel better, but I'm curious as to what you are looking for when you look at possible fecal stains? Without bed bug blue to verify what are the physical characteristics you look for? I was able to smudge it with water and it was a tad smaller before, but it could easily have been grease or who knows what.

There's a search bar in the top corner- if you search bed bug fecal spots, there's a couple pages that come up. One is a fecal spot primer that one of the experts posted a while back with lots of photos on a bunch of different fabrics and various areas. Your photo looks too big to be a fecal spot- most are like tiny sharpie marker dots.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  5. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Here- so you click the correct one.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/fecal-spots-photogallery

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us