Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

normal activity after first treatment?

(2 posts)
  1. stardog32

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 8:22:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Our first treatment was Monday. Followup in 2 weeks.

Monday night I found a dead and live bug in one bedroom, the one with the wooden bed frame that that had tons of evidence. Tuesday I found another dead one in the same room

Tuesday night I found a live one in the ceiling of another bedroom, the one where I slept and was getting bit.

Is this normal activity after the first chemical treatment? You can like to me and say yes I'm already so done with this. I hate it. I can't sleep or eat. If someone else tells me it's just bugs I'm going to scream.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 8:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As the static sections of the site confirm and as you could have seen by searching previous posts it is not uncommon with a chemical based treatment strategy to see bed bugs post treatment. It is a product of how thorough the technician was and what products they have used.

Insecticides work on two principles, metabolic or contact. Metabolic like medicine takes time to have an effect which depends on the product used. Contact also depends on the mode of action varying from almost immediate through to 10 - 14 days.

Hopefully the person treating took the time to explain their process and in doing so managed your expectations as to what you can expect to see over the course of the treatment. If they did not cover method of introduction I would look up my resources on infestation dynamics and fill in the knowledge gap.

If you are finding bed bugs stressful you may find a quiet walk outdoors helps because you don't feel as isolated when you do that.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,526 posts in 41,334 topics over 126 months by 18,111 of 18,532 members. Latest: Pleasedontbebbs, pleezehelp, tarito