Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

No!!!!!! No I can't deal with this right now!!! [a: probable adult bed bug]

(18 posts)
  1. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 7:41:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Woke up to itching my hand badly. Familiar stinging feeling. Sat up. Turned on my torch on my phone. Saw nothing. Waited. The greedy SOB came up from the side of the bed.

RIP sleep.

I know it was a bed bug. I squished it out of instinct but got a pic anyways.

I can't do this right now. I got a 7 month old baby and 7 year old child.

I am sick to my stomach. I got NO money none. I don't know how long I've had them. Husband flipped the beds found nothing ON the encasements. I know what to do but now that it's become my reality AGAIN I am lost.

I am losing my shit right now. Had a full on melt down. I have severe anxiety. I can't take my meds as I am nursing my son.

Someone help please. Help.

Photo bucket is acting up and will not let me upload pics

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 8:48:34
    #

Login to Send PM

3. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 10:09:11
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme, I can offer only sympathy. My PCO found the first one in almost 3 months this morning. I was almost beginning to believe we were past this. He told me it doesn't change anything. Things still look good. But I am terrified again. I'm so sorry you are going through this as well.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 10:20:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you get a better picture? I can't make a positive ID with that image.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 10:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Can you get a better picture? I can't make a positive ID with that image.

Seconded, better focus needed.

David

6. Livingagain

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 10:30:19
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry to hear. If it does turn out to be one, just take it one step at a time. You know a lot about these things this time. You can do it.

7. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 10:41:14
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/qPt5goE
    http://imgur.com/GBbi7IZ

The only thing I can think of is we were at the second hand shop yesterday. But we never use anytjing until its gone through the wash on hot or if its a hard item it gets soaked in hot soapy water. It is possible we could have brushed up against an item with BBs. This is the first time in months since my before my son was born that I was bitten. At least I hope so. Can different parts of your body react differently? I noticed my feet have been itchy (i only wear socks when I leave the house) and chalked that up to it being winter and me having dry skin.

Either way no new bed for us. I am going to have to use 100% of my tax return to pay for another treatment.....sigh.

8. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 10:43:39
    #

Login to Send PM

barelyliving - 11 minutes ago  » 
    So sorry to hear. If it does turn out to be one, just take it one step at a time. You know a lot about these things this time. You can do it.

Its my uncontrollable anxiety that gets me. Usually I would just dope up and sleep it off, but having an infant I cannot lol. Plus thinking about my poor babies getting bitten up kills me inside. 😭

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 13:52:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Can you cross reference it with an image of an odd beetle.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  10. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 14:06:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Its a bed bug. It was full of blood when I squished it. I also had 4 red dots on my hand that swelled up and itched like crazy for about half an hour. The marks are gone now thats how I know they are bed bug bites.

The beetle that I found in my tub was black with long legs and white specs on its butt. This bug at 4am was red large round and full of blood.

11. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 14:46:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is the blood spot that it left. Its about the size of the tip of your finger.

http://imgur.com/tn3jOFN

12. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 15:14:14
    #

Login to Send PM

There are a few details that don't look correct for a bed bug, but I can't say for sure with the given images. Maybe Lou can give you a positive ID.

13. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 15:40:28
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 24 minutes ago  » 
    There are a few details that don't look correct for a bed bug, but I can't say for sure with the given images. Maybe Lou can give you a positive ID.

Because it was squished. It got a little mangled in the process.. im pretty sure its a bed bug. I had a good look at it before I ended its life.

14. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 16:04:24
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/MQhsLCb

The little "neck" part of the bed bug is a dead give away that this is a bed bug. I drew an arrow pointing at it.

I wish it weren't but it is. If only I could wish them gone.

15. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 16:42:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear - it's a bed bug all day long.

16. Livingagain

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 10:28:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbugsbugme Did you use Cimexa on your first go round? I hope that the monitors keep being clear and you don't have an issue to worry about. But if you do have an issue it may be worth it to research Cimexa. You would have caught it early, and if you were very methodical, I bet you could self treat. You are very informed now. Just a thought.

17. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 12:57:59
    #

Login to Send PM

There's something strange with the picture. It's difficult to get a perfect picture for an ID. I'm heading toward bed bug adult with this one. If I could see the actual specimen, I would be more confident.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  18. bedbugsbugme

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 14:55:27
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 
    There's something strange with the picture. It's difficult to get a perfect picture for an ID. I'm heading toward bed bug adult with this one. If I could see the actual specimen, I would be more confident.

If I didn't already throw it away I would send it. Before I.killed it I shined my torch on it and got a good look.

This is exactly what I saw. Exact "fullness" and everything.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=bed+bug&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfju3V4eXSAhVSzmMKHY10BgMQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=bxt4_AsQl8qKPM:

But day three and the monitors are still clean.

Is this a good sign?

I also ordered Cimexa but it will ot be here til the end of the month

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,740 posts in 43,538 topics over 131 months by 19,072 of 19,666 members. Latest: Bbbrain, tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed