Newly bed bug infested

(4 posts)
  1. strezas19

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 2 2017 22:44:14
    #

Login to Send PM

So I'm a nursing student so my life is already hectic enough I work in a hospital and sometimes we have patients who have scabies bed bugs lice etc and we have to gown up and glove up before going into their rooms. So I think I must have brought bed bugs home I live with my parents are house is pretty big and my parents are very uptight and strict and hard to talk to, anyways I think I had bed bugs I found a tiny dead bug on my window sill earlier today and tonight I was laying in bed and I went to scratch myself and I noticed something crunch on my shirt I turned the light on and I had a pretty red dried crust stain on my white shirt. I'm unsure if this happened while I was in bed I was on my phone talking for a good 40 minutes but there was no stain on my sheets which are also white just my shirt I'm wondering if I missed the stain before I put it on when I grabbed it out of my dresser I took a picture as best as I could get. I looked around for bug shells over the last week and I haven't seen anything I also have been keeping an eye out for feces and stains like what I had tonight and haven't seen any so I've been trying to calm myself down I also had two small bites on my arm last week and one on my ankle yesterday morning putting me further on the brink of a mental breakdown. I've read up the last week on everything there is to know I bought some diatomeous earth powder on amazon 2 day shipping so im gonna super super clean and organize and go through my room tomorrow but life hates me and I also have a lab report due in two days and finals next week and I'm currently running on no sleep because last night I stayed up studying also if I tell my parents they will literally freak out and I'm scafff and alone and I don't know what to do if it's a small infestation I know I can take care of it myself I just need all the advice I can get please help  photo IMG_0916_zpsupdcy1hx.jpg

2. strezas19

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 2 2017 23:36:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone help please

3. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 3 2017 4:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

There is nothing I can tell you from the picture, could be blood or even ketchup....
    I would suggest that you monitor constantly, try to buy some passive monitors or try to find in the forums the post from Paul Bello where he explains how to DIY them....

So far, from reading your post i would not think that you have bed bugs

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  4. strezas19

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 3 2017 9:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry I can't get a good picture with my phone but I put hydrogen peroxide on the stain on my shirt and it bubbled indicating that it was blood, the blood came out but there are still small flakes of something left over.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,444 posts in 46,578 topics over 142 months by 20,544 of 21,410 members. Latest: itchymama4, PrismArc, unclejohn