New Year, All Clear!

(5 posts)
  1. sleeptitesoon

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 1:08:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Well Sept 2 2017 was a bad day. I live in NJ very close to Manhattan in an apartment. Saw a BB crawl on my hand while I was sitting on my bed in the morning. Something told me to check between the mattress and box spring. Sure enough I found a harborage, one of the many new disgusting words Id come to learn soon.
    Since I wrote about my story on tis forum while it was happening, Im just glad to say that is been 83 days since my final chemical treatment, with no sign whatsoever. Nothing alive or dead or cast skins, clear climb ups. I had 3 soaking chem treatments after I threw away the infested bed (and other furniture which may not have been necessary). Of course clothes, bags, linens and some shoes were run thru a hot dryer multiple times. I put DE down correctly, even did the outlets. This site is great for info.

So now...4 months after that day.....

Clothes are being hung back up and put into drawers! Im starting to not worry what touched what. Like everyone who goes through this, I have way less things now, and thats actually OK.
    I still don't sit on my bed in any street clothes or keep anything under it. Still gonna leave the climb-ups on too. You just don't hear enough about getting rid of them, so I want people to know that while it suuuuuuucks, it ends!

2. thirdusername

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 1:34:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Awesome, congrats.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I hope this summer I will have good news too

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. sleeptitesoon

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 1:38:19
    #

Login to Send PM

oh do you think it will take that long? Is there a post you have written where I can catch up on your story?

4. rae75

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 11:57:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Simple but sweet, thanks for the inspiration! I think everyone needs a little right now.

5. sleeptitesoon

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Jan 7 2018 4:20:04
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for responding! I was hoping to let people know that you do get through it, thats what I was looking for before. But most people just lurk and read and wont say anything, which is maybe a reason people dont post more success stories. The posts where people are in despair and desperation are more interesting I guess.
    Plus you may find that being all clear doesnt mean that you have lingering suspicions and some PTSD!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,258 posts in 46,529 topics over 141 months by 20,520 of 21,381 members. Latest: alize, Worrybug, bugBgone123