New Victim

(5 posts)
  1. Stefan

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 7:53:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone. My names Stefan, and im the newest victim around here. I have a pretty damn bad infestation, there in every room, and there destroying me. I'm not getting into the details, as i dont have much time, and its all the same story! Exterminator coming today hopefully, but seeing as i dont think ive read even 1 success story, i believe im breaching my lease, and starting over somewhere new, with new everything. This is so sad, I love my apartment, and have worked damn hard to make it my home

2. sue251070

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 8:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

If you do decide to move, be very careful about your clothing. Make sure you wash, hot dry and seal them up first. You can carry bugs with you even in your clothes. People do get out of this intact, there is a link to success stories here somewhere. I know how you feel though, it can be quite desperate. Don't give everything up unless you absolutely have to.

3. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 10:48:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Stefan - I'm really sorry that you are now part of our little "club". As for success stories, there is a different forum for those who have succeeded -- just scroll to the bottom of the main forum page, and there is a link. Sometimes, when I am feeling down, I go there. A lot of people on the board have pointed out that, once people are successful, they tend to stop posting. So most of the people on this forum are still battling the problem.

You have reason to have hope. You have called in a professional. Some people on this forum are trying to solve the problem themselves - either they don't have the money or they are having problems with their landlords.

I TOTALLY understand about having to leave your home. I'm agonizing over the exact same decision myself. This is all very emotional and our first instinct is to flee. So, if that is your decision, make sure you plan your strategy carefully. Check the FAQ - there are some tips.

Best of luck.

4. Stefan

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 11:02:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Yea, this blows. If it was my house, i would burn it down, and rebuild!? Im forced to do these insane things to deal with this situation, Im covered in bites, and wont do it anymore! I'm going to sleep on my terrace on a lawn chair tonite!. Right now my clothes (just got out of the 190F dryer for 3 hours) are bagged air tight, in a plastic tote bag, and floating in my bathtub... BB victim ingenuity!

5. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 11:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL -- that's pretty funny!

Last time I travelled, my luggage stayed in the bathtub (but not floating in water). And that was AFTER I had already performed a thorough search and questioned the hotel on what precautions they take. Yes, I'm THAT paranoid.

I can't even tell you how many times I've fantasized about taking a match to my apartment. Fire is covered by insurance ... BBs aren't!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

192,871 posts in 29,745 topics over 91 months by 12,860 of 20,150 members. Latest: DarthUnit, redfruit, JEPA