Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

New research: Saliva study

(3 posts)
  1. Eve

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 26 2010 23:54:56
    #

Login to Send PM

On my latest troll for what's new about bed bugs I encountered a recent study on bed bug saliva:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100623124300.htm

I have a copy of the full study (a 12 page PDF) however I used my university student status to get it so I won't be posting it any time soon. But I would be interested in the take of anyone who is able to evaluate this sort of thing.

A warning for non-scientists: The wheels of scientific discovery can grind exceedingly slowly.

But the hope in this line of research is that eventually we can get a medical lab test that will let us know if we've been exposed to bed bug saliva (presumably along with a panel for other pests and allergies). Also, there is a possibility for a proper medicine to relieve the itching for those people who suffer a lot from these things.

Eve

2. soscared

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 27 2010 0:52:41
    #

Login to Send PM

This kind of thing is pretty much the only thing that is good about the epidemic. The more infestations there are, the more research goes into it.

3. soscared

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 27 2010 0:54:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Also - what's with specifying NY and London, and making it seem like most people are fine? Actually no, they are everywhere. Clearly the authors of this study do not check the bedbugregistry daily.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,776 posts in 29,328 topics over 90 months by 12,645 of 19,898 members. Latest: waitingforbyebugs, TroublesBehind, mightywarrior