(4 posts)
  1. TryinginBK

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 8 2008 19:35:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello All,

I'm sick to my stomache and have barely eaten since I found what look like 3 bites on my ankle last Wednesday morning when getting ready for work. I'm totally paranoid that I may have bedbugs, but have not found any further evidence. If it is the worse case scenario I want to start treatment ASAP. Should I bring a PCO in to inspect now, or wait for more evidence. I'm just afraid that the longer I wait, the worse it will be. I'm on my own and already feel hopeless with no one to talk to. Please help.

2. livinginahorrorfilm

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 8 2008 20:06:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,

Before you panick, you should be sure you have bedbugs. Perhaps youa re more informed than I was though. I suffered bites and it did not even occur to me until all the other symptoms were there. If you have a landloard that will pay regardless - book it! The sooner the better. But I would not be forking out hundreds of dollars with only a few bites and no other signs. I would however start on my search and be prepared to bag anything you find! I wish you all the best of luck, and really really hope it is just a regular bug bite. These things suck your soul.

3. Blue_Ox

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 9 2008 0:22:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Three bites do not mean you necessarily mean you have bedbugs. Read on this site how to inspect your sleeping area and then make sure you do it regularly. As far as I know, PCOs are not in the habit of treating for bedbugs just because someone has three bites.

4. TryinginBK

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 9 2008 15:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I've experienced bedbugs about 9 months ago in a former apartment, so I know what a horror show it can be. I've been panicked at the thought of them, but starting to feel "better." I've had my crying jags, but knowing that there are people in the world that are dealing with worse things, I've resigned myself to stop feeling down and depressed about it and just do whatever needs to be done. I have knowledge on my side now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,998 posts in 29,382 topics over 90 months by 12,672 of 19,930 members. Latest: bbgoneextreme, Lito, emitchy