New bloodstains, ID needed please!

(2 posts)
  1. concerned about bugs

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Jan 6 2018 20:38:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I posted a forum with some blood stains about a week ago. Long story short, there was a pretty decent amount of (bigger) blood stains found in a matter of two days but after talking to some people on here I think it was just from being on my period. Once my period was over I didn't notice new blood...until today. This time the spots are on my husbands side of the bed. The blood stains are much much smaller and some of them almost look like pen tip size. He does scratch at scabs occasionally and I'm aware that blood stains alone aren't BB confirming. As of now there are no other sings of bbs...no bites, fecal stains or seeing any bugs themselves.

But just to ease my mind, could anyone else identify if these stains look bedbug related?

Also, IF we were to have bedbugs and are getting bloodstains, how long would it take to actually notice more signs? I thought I saw someone mention on here that bedbugs always excrete after feeding so if blood stains are present there would also be fecal stains. Is this true? Sorry for so many questions!

Thanks in advance!

image2 by scared lola, on Flickr
    image1-2 by scared lola, on Flickr

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Jan 7 2018 15:49:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Blood is never proof positive of bed bugs. It’s just a red flag to alert you to search deeper for possible bed bug evidence. Which is, live/dead bugs, cast skins, eggs, bed bug feces. Bed bug feces being the easiest to find.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,261 posts in 46,529 topics over 141 months by 20,520 of 21,382 members. Latest: Worrybug, bugBgone123, Wings83