New bites and fecal spots? [a: stains not bed bug-related]

(6 posts)
  1. Buggedandfrustrated

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 17:05:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Two months after having completed treatment, yesterday evening I spotted the below spots on my lower calf. The spots themselves did not itch, though interestingly I was somewhat itchy about an inch away from the area. Then this morning while doing laundry I spotted the two brown spots ok my encasement. They had not been there previously.

Having thought we were two months bb free, these bumps are scaring me, and these brown spots worry me. Are they fecal? Could the bugs really be back after having gone through four treatments?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 22:56:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Wait for an expert to ID the stains.

Suspected bites cannot be visually ID'd by anyone.
    Keep in mind there may be other possible causes (do you have mosquitos where you live?)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Buggedandfrustrated

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 13:54:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I do have mosquitoes near me, but the three in a row is awfully inconsistent with mosquitoes right? Plus these never did the initial white puffiness that I always get with mosquito bites. Also I discovered these inside while relaxing on my couch - a good 2-3 hours after having come in from outside.

I am anxiously awaiting someone's thoughts on the potential fecal also.

But am also curious, if others on the site had bites like this, were almost two months post treatment me about to unbag all of their clothes.. I assume I'm staying in bags for another month or more now :/

4. Buggedandfrustrated

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 19:56:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on a) the bites or b) the light brown spots?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 22:53:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, you really can't tell anything from skin reactions. Three in a row isn't a sign it's bed bugs.

There are only a couple of experts who ID stains so please hang on for that.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 5:32:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The stains are too diffuse to be bed bug related.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us