Need ID Please

(5 posts)
  1. buggerinLA

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 15:26:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this little sucker crawling slowly up my window in the kitchen around 10am today. It was all black in color. I'm pretty sure it's not a BB, but wanted to get some input from the board. Sorry, photos are not great, all I have is an iPhone camera and it sucks.

It is pretty small, about 2mm across. All black. Six legs. Caught it on a piece of tape, and when I tried to get it off and into a plastic bag, noticed some translucent wings that were small (not in photo). So, pretty sure not a BB, but what is it? Keep finding these along with what looks like psocids everywhere (except near my bed).

This is probably the best one:

Curled up on its back:

For size/body shape reference

2. buggerinLA

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 15:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the small/blurry images!

3. buggerinLA

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 15:34:42
    #

Login to Send PM

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 15:57:27
    #

Login to Send PM

A small beetle, maybe a small species of latridiid. Moisture problem is reason why many of these smaller beetle are found in homes. These along with booklice point toward moisture condition.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. buggerinLA

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 16:00:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,769 posts in 43,320 topics over 130 months by 18,992 of 19,568 members. Latest: mags1001, silverbug, NotParanoid