Need ID on Bugs or Mites loubugs or anyone?-Bad Case Long Story

(3 posts)
  1. robinwagner

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Nov 30 2017 17:11:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted somewhere else, but decided it was too obscure so am reposting. Hello, I need help identifying these what I think are either scabies or some other mite. I've had scabies before, but this time has been way worse! It started with brown patches on my face which I thought were hormonal patches. I tried everything to get them off, but they would come right back and were very oily. I now think they were mites because now that I was able to kill them, they started coming off and looked like mites. I tried lemon juice (it seemed to break through the oily substance), baking soda and coconut oil-it broke it up some. I even resorted to a sander. I got that about 8 months ago. It got progressively worse. My little girl got bit by something about 4 mo. ago we thought at her dad's house. She had a really bad reaction and they gave her an epi pen and almost had to send her to the hospital. I haven't seen evidence of bedbugs except one dead bug on the bottom of my mattress that could have been by the shape and it crushed when I tried to grab it with a Kleenex. I've looked in the middle of the night too because my ex-fiancé had them at his mom’s, so I wanted to make sure. Then, in July I think my mom was dog sitting so I slept over there in their recliner till about 4 in the morning and got bit by something on my arm which I thought was a mosquito because I saw one in the house. It took like 2 weeks for those bites to go away. Then, about 3 weeks ago I got about 4 bites on my right forearm. They really look like burrows to me. Then I got them on my left arm, then spread to neck, breasts, a few on my stomach and legs. I had the intense itching like with scabies. I had 3 tubes of permethrin on file at CVS from the last time I had them in July for each family member. I filled all three and started putting it on. You're only supposed to do it once or twice, Well, that wasn't doing it. I started putting it on every three hours along with tea tree oil straight which I should have mixed it. I ended up burning the skin on my arms and had gouges out from scratching so bad. I took some Benadryl and went to a walk-in clinic. It was a doctor that works in the ER normally which my daughter had seen. He thought it looked like bed bug bites cause it was in "three's", and at this point half my arm was sanded cause I was trying to get the burned part off-seeing some black tiny bugs under that top layer of skin. I took some with me to show him. He said scabies are bigger than that. From what I've read scabies are microscopic except for the slightly larger females. He prescribed me some anti-itch pills and a steroid and told me to go to a dermatologist. The only one on my Medicaid list takes 4 months to get in to so I decided not to do that. I would be dead or crazy by then. I continued to battle them. I change my sheet and comforter every day, change clothes like 4 times a day for fear it was infected, wash everything on hot and dry for a long time.I had to put straight Benedryl on the bites it itched so bad at one point. Also had "pin prick" bites ever so often. I could feel something wiggling when I put the raid on too like trying to get away. I got desperate and went to the ER one night in the middle of the night, my arm wrapped in a towel-bloody and hurting and itching. Oh yeah, I would wake up every night itching as I heard scabies are worse at night. The ER doctor said it may have started out as scabies, but now it's something else and wanted me to go to a dermatologist. I said what about an infectious disease doctor? He said no, they won't touch it. I said can't someone do a biopsy here in the hospital? He said no, they don't do it there. He didn't prescribe anything or even wrap it. The nurse told me I might want to try the other hospital-crazy. I got Sulphur cream, put on either olive oil or coconut oil or Vaseline. With thick layers of Vaseline, a few would come to the surface. I went to tractor supply and got ivermectin for horses. We used that the first time we got it. It works. I take it orally and put it on my skin. I've gone through about 11 syringes of it. I took a little bit extra a few days ago and started having eye disturbances. I went to the sauna and sat for about 30 min. twice this week. Once I thought they were all dead, and they came back by the next day. They must multiply like crazy. I started using Raid cause my ex-boyfriend said that's what his sisters used the first time we all had it. I thought they're going to poison themselves. I read online other people used it, but the chemical that starts with an A. I never found that Raid, so I said screw it, and got one for spiders and roaches. It seemed to kill a lot of them. I could feel them like bursting. Maybe the eggs? It was like a cold effervescent feeling. Now when I put it on I don't feel that thank God. So, I was using all three poisons and I think finally-knock on wood they are dead. I hope so cause I have wasted so much time on this-about 8 hours a day dealing with it. I have so much laundry all the time with no help. Anyway, I have never seen one moving. Don't know if they're dead or so slow you can't see them. Oh, yeah, I use a new towel each time I take a bath. These suckers must be highly evolved cause they're hard to kill. Last time me and my ex's brother had a hard time getting rid of them too. He's diabetic and I'm insulin resistant and I read they like that and hormonal fluctuations and that's me too and I may be going through menopause. I think I also had demodex mites on my face maybe mixed with the scabies? When I put the ivermectin on patches of it turned white like it was killing the demodex. Also, wherever the black mites are, they seem to put off the thickest, orange gunk I have ever seen. You practically have to scrape it off. I used goo gone at one point and it actually worked. Today, I couldn't get the little black specks off my cheek, so I made my own chemical peel with aspirin and lemon juice. It is really red where it totally peeled off, but I think that was the only way to get it off. Even a sander took some of it off, but not all. I just didn't want it to spread from my face down if that's where it started. I think that's weird too because usually they don't go on your face, but I read these new resistant ones can go on your face and I have seen pictures of some that did. Why did it not itch though? Were they trapped in layers of oil on my face maybe? When I started removing them, they did itch a little. I did take the ivermectin today and probably tomorrow cause I don't want to take a chance there's still one or two alive. It might turn into 50. Oh, and no one else has gotten them in my house, but I don't always believe it when they say oh, you don't have it then because everyone in your house didn’t get it. Last time only me and one of my kids got it out of 5 of us. I thought maybe this goodwill pound store I go to. I usually wash everything, but I think I did try on one thing without washing or maybe the gym? It’s not very likely, but I don’t know anyone else that had it and I haven’t been touching anyone except my little girl’s dad, but he doesn’t have it unless he’s a carrier or is it possible that I’ve had them since July? What happens if you have scabies and demodex intermingling? Pictures

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 7:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

If you suspect scabies, you need to get a dermatologist involved.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. robinwagner

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 23:43:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Does it look like scabies? I can't really get a dermatologist involved because the one that is on my list has a 4 month wait. I've pretty much killed them except for some on my right arm. Today I did a chemical peel on that arm and all these black dots came to the surface of the burrows. I can never tell if they're alive or dead though, but I sanded them off and put more tea tree. That seems to kill them too or they come out anyway. I got one out of my face today that I saved and took a picture of. not enlarged zoomed in

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989