(3 posts)
  1. scared2sleep

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 9:09:01
    #

Login to Send PM

hello,

we are up for our second treatment tomorrow and i was sent a letter exactly as the first. we are supposed to dry everything for 30 minutes on high heat again. i was wondering if i have to dry the linens etc. that i have put in boxes? they are still in the house, in a closet by the front door.

nobody has seen or gotten bitten since the times i was bitten and the once my son was. maybe they are already gone?

this preparation is insane, is it all really necessary? i mean taking all of our stuff out of the closets and drawers?

2. lsdrg706

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 9:17:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not expert, but I am on the fence with this one.

Keeping in mind I am NOT an expert, these are my feelings.

I do not think it's necessary to wash and dry every single thing, UNLESS you have/ had a large infestation in which they had spread out from initial harborages. I am in a similar situation. I have only ever found a handful of bugs since October, and never found an obvious harborage either. All my live samples were found due to their own boldness or stupidity, coming out at times I managed to catch them, except for 2; and these 2 were harboring right where they should be, in a bed crease or under the mattress. I also have clothes in a dresser that is not even in the same room.

It is one of those situations where they "shouldn't" be anywhere else but the harbor sites if the infestation is light, but I suppose anything is possible; but it's also possible I'll win a hundred grand off a scratch off ticket tomorrow.

That being said; if your linens are in a box and are not bagged, you might want to do them again and keep them sealed. I had about 15 sealed garbage bags full of clothes that I refused to empty for quite a few months after.

And in the end you will want to follow the advice of the PCO, if for no other reason that it might affect whatever warranty you have with them.

But again, I am not an expert, so I'd rather you base your decision on what one of them tell you. This was just my 2 cents.

3. scared2sleep

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 9:26:52
    #

Login to Send PM

the bug guy didn't find any evidence that we have bb's. he said if we do it's really really early. i found one, i got bite and so did my son. besides that we have no evidence of anything. it just seems so much to do everything again...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,290 posts in 29,425 topics over 90 months by 12,695 of 19,957 members. Latest: gatorgotbugs, huntelaar1999, gonzoateafly