Need help identifying a stain that looks like bed bug poop

(3 posts)
  1. co2998

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 11:42:56
    #

Login to Send PM

2 weeks ago I found out a friend of mine had a confirmed bed bug infestation. Before finding out, I had been in her car and home and she'd been in my car, but not in my home. Anyway, I found 2 giant welts on my knee shortly after finding out she had an infestation and panicked. I called out pest control and got a negative visual inspection on 4/3. On 4/7, I called out a bed bug K9 from a different pest company with a negative inspection of just my bedroom. The same K9 came out 4/11 and inspected my bedroom again, all other bedrooms, my living room, and my car and gave negative inspections of all. Anyway, I'm still waking up with mysterious bites and I found some spots on my blankets that weren't there before. The spot does not smear when rubbed, but instead bled this yellowish/brownish color. I am posting this there. is this bed bug poop? could I have small infestation the dog and pest inspector missed?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 11:58:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It does not appear to be faecal.

Its hard to explain but the density and opacity of the material is wrong, the brown is too "wooden"/chocolate and not the deeper brown yellow you can see from the image and its smear below:

wp0_wp2f0669a6 by David Cain, on Flickr

Its complex describing the subtle differences in colour and texture because there is no easy universal syntax. In part because most people don't work at that level of detail.

Hope that explains.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. co2998

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 15:46:13
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    It does not appear to be faecal.
    Its hard to explain but the density and opacity of the material is wrong, the brown is too "wooden"/chocolate and not the deeper brown yellow you can see from the image and its smear below:
    wp0_wp2f0669a6 by David Cain, on Flickr
    Its complex describing the subtle differences in colour and texture because there is no easy universal syntax. In part because most people don't work at that level of detail.
    Hope that explains.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Hello, just another quick question: Does bed bug fecal matter usually smear on fabric the way it does in your picture?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,386 posts in 40,546 topics over 123 months by 17,741 of 18,101 members. Latest: hopeful77, omgwhut, jadew077