Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Need Bite ID and general advice...going crazy...

(2 posts)
  1. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 0:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Just a quick backstory: 4 months ago, I found a live bed bug in my old apartment. We have a PCO come in who found no additional bugs or signs, but treated anyway because of the hitchhiker I found. We treated twice and haven’t seen anything since, and I have also since moved.

So I have been noticing some tiny red bumps on my skin lately. None of them very large or at all itchy, and I’ve always had skin issues (Folliculitis and keratosis pilaris just to name a couple) so I didn’t think too much of it. Yesterday evening, I suddenly started to feel my left leg itching. I looked down and saw two bumps 4 or 5 inches apart, barely noticeable, but they definitely itched, and turned red when I gave in and itched them. Now I’m freaking out, tearing my bed apart and pulling it away from the wall to look at every inch of the damn thing, and have found zero signs of them. But what are these bumps on my legs? They itch, but it’s winter, so I cannot possibly imagine that it would be from mosquitos...please help, i feel like I’m going crazy from this...

2. Helerown

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 0:42:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe someone else on here can confirm this for certain, but I've read you don't actually feel bed bug bites when they are happening. Apparently their saliva contains a substance that has a numbing effect. So it isn't likely the bites you felt on your leg was bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,279 posts in 46,532 topics over 141 months by 20,522 of 21,383 members. Latest: bugBgone123, Wings83, eloiamb@hotmail.com