Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Need an advice please

(16 posts)
  1. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 7:58:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! I know i have asked this question already but i still cant stop thinking about whether we brought bed bugs back with us from the hotel. So we stayed at the hotel nearly 4 months ago. 4 months next week. I havent found anything apart from blood on our sheets and i keep getting bites (im not 100% sure they are bites but they look like it) on my belly and fingers. I think it’s weird how i dont get them anywhere else on my body. The blood that i find worries me because most of the time there’s few little dots of it and a smear. And we dont have any cuts or anything else. Is it possible that bed bugs are hiding under the carpet and that’s the reason why i cant see any evidence? Or maybe im just not looking properly...The first week or two after we got back i’ve found something that looked like an egg to me but im not sure what it was. Unfortunatelly i didnt take a picture of it it was only one „egg” between a bed frame and a slat. I remember it was squishy. My question is : Would i find a lot of evidence by now if we do actually have them? Im sick of checking our bed few times a day. I’ve had enough of thinking about bed bugs

2. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 9:08:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi HP

I had an infestation ongoing for 4 months. They were in my boxspring. And the boxspring was disgusting, looked like it was full of mold. I don't have any carpeting, so I wouldn't be able to answer that part. But if you look closely (please read the FAQ on how to conduct your inspection - you can also view a video by David Cain on Youtube) you should find traces of their presence.

I am not an expert, but now knowing the signs and what to look for, the evidence was all over my bedding. Lots of fecal traces and I even saw a couple of bugs on my sheets.

If you are not sure about inspection, maybe you should get a PCO to look for any kind of pest.

Good luck !

3. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 9:42:13
    #

Login to Send PM

My situation sounds almost exactly the same as bedbugmom41. BBs weren't on my radar, so I didn't realize what was going on. We had a dust ruffle on the boxspring so I didn't look at it. I'd wash the sheets and literally thought my husband had left a felt tip black pen in the bed because of the little black dots... he is known for sticking things in a pocket (even PJs) and forgetting about them. Also, my mother-in-law accidentally did a load of wash with a black pen in her pocket while visiting us, and it exploded all over the dryer and we were finding ink for a week after that. I thought that the black dots were remnants of that disaster. But then one night I woke up and found the bug, called the PCO, and that's when the dust ruffle came off and I realized what I was dealing with. It was very obvious, as bedbugmom41 said, and we are just so lucky they didn't spread outside our room.

We didn't have carpet, so I can't comment on that. But the bed was a mess. From what I've read, I don't think they would hide under the carpet if there was a perfectly good mattress and boxspring closer to their food source. But I am not an expert.

Have you gotten any kind of monitors? Our PCO has us using the Lights Out Interceptors. When we were actively going through this, that is where we found the few BBs we found after treatment. Others swear by David Cain's passive monitors, and I am very tempted to put those on as well, just as another place to look. Because I still check my bed daily. I completely understand the worry. I never really understood anxiety until we got the BBs, but now I think I'll be battling it for a long while.

Good luck!

4. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 9:42:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much. I will read the FAQ when i finish work. We havent got a boxspring. And we looked everywhere on our bed. Turned the bed upside down too to see and havent found anything. I check our bed every morning when i wake up and later through the day again. We’ve had a PCO round 2 weeks after we got back and he didnt see anything and said if we wont see anything within the next 2 weeks, that means we havent got them. It’s been nearly 4 months and im still looking my husband wont listen to me because he says we havent got them. Maybe he’s right and im just paranoid

5. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 9:46:45
    #

Login to Send PM

It’s horrible isnt it? Because once u get the thought of them in your head, it’s so hard to get it out we have got David’s passive monitor and there’s nothing on it but it doesnt make me feel less nervous

6. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 10:11:10
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Our PCO has us using the Lights Out Interceptors. When we were actively going through this, that is where we found the few BBs we found after treatment. Others swear by David Cain's passive monitors, and I am very tempted to put those on as well, just as another place to look.

I think I read somewhere that David doesn't recommend using both at the same time for the same room. You should look into that as I am not sure....

7. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 10:28:08
    #

Login to Send PM

He doesn't recommend it, but he has said you can do it - you just have to wait longer for the all clear. But I haven't put them on because my PCO is pretty big on the lights out monitors. There is just so much conflicting info. And my PCO is the one who can come when I call, so I go with his recommendation.

8. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 10:41:39
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 12 minutes ago  » 
    He doesn't recommend it, but he has said you can do it - you just have to wait longer for the all clear. But I haven't put them on because my PCO is pretty big on the lights out monitors. There is just so much conflicting info. And my PCO is the one who can come when I call, so I go with his recommendation.

Very wise !

9. Freakingout948

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 11:03:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Ugh... sounds so similar to me. Went on a trip last month and have been freaking out ever since. My bites are still healing from the trip and I can’t tell if I’m getting new bites or getting hives that I scratched into what looks like bites... etc. I’ve never seen any evidence and have had two PCOs check my place and have said they found nothing! The “bites” I’m getting now look different than the ones from my trip so I truthfully don’t know. I’m tired of being stressed and anxious. What are your bites like and the frequency? I’m sorry you’re going through this but am thankful I’m not alone. My boyfriend also has no issues from the trip (no bites to begin with or currently).

10. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 11:29:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel exactly the same. Just tired of it all now i keep saying to myslef „if i dont see anything till next month, i’ll stop searching and thinking about it” but i dont. Im searching every day..My „bites” are only on my fingers and my belly. They never itch. The ones on my belly i notice pretty much every day in the evening. There’s not many of them either. And they look like little red dots, a little bit raised

11. Freakingout948

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 11:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi help please -

Mine also are little raised red bumps (hives? Something else? A pimple?) never thought I would be begging for pimples lol I understand that too.. I always say that as well, next week I won’t worry... tomorrow I won’t inspect my whole body 5 times a day... etc and doesn’t work lol

12. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 13:50:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Something like a pimple. They are little tho. Sometimes i think „maybe i’ve had them red dots before, just didnt see them because i didnt look so closely at every signle part of my body”. I just want to know whether after nearly 4 months i would find a lot of evidence or not maybe an answer to this would help me stop thinking about it

13. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 14:04:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Help please - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Something like a pimple. They are little tho. Sometimes i think „maybe i’ve had them red dots before, just didnt see them because i didnt look so closely at every signle part of my body”. I just want to know whether after nearly 4 months i would find a lot of evidence or not maybe an answer to this would help me stop thinking about it

Hi HP

I already answered that. By the 4 months mark, there would be thousands of bedbugs feeding regularly.

14. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 14:24:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, i know sorry and thank u for your advice and all the answers. But what if im not looking properly? Or maybe im just going crazy

15. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 14:54:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Help please - 4 hours ago  » 
    we have got David’s passive monitor and there’s nothing on it but it doesnt make me feel less nervous

HP,
    you have one of the best monitor. You now need to enter another difficult part of battling bedbugs : defating the dreaded "headbugs". It's hard, really hard. But you can have to do it. To save your sanity. To be at your best physically, mentally and emotionally should you come face to face with the real deal one day.

16. Help please

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 16:42:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you soooo much for all your advice bedbugmom41. I think you’re right. It’s just in my head but like you said it’s gonna be very hard to get it out of my head now i dont know what i would do if i havent discovered this site. Thank you so much again

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1