Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Need a Rockland County PCO

(4 posts)
  1. LandLordinRockland

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 20:56:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone. This site is an amazing compilation of insight and data! I 'm a landlord in Rockland County, NY (25 miles north of New York City). Received a call this morning from a great tenant of mine who reported that he and his daughter had been breaking out in bites and a rash for a few days/weeks (don't remember exactly how long he said.) Last night the poor guy found a bed bug colony living on his headboard. Unfortunately in a likely panic he moved his headboard to an outside balcony and sprayed it and may have just scattered the bugs. After reading the FAQs here I understand that that was a bad move even though I can empathize with his state of mind. I've got a canine coming tomorrow from A3 Superior Pest Control. I've heard good things about this outfit but want to check in here on this site. Does anyone know anything about A3 Superior or had any experience with them? Off the bat, it sounds like they might come out recommending thermal heat which I've also heard good things about. However, I'm concerned that the bugs originated in the attached row house next door and if I treat with heat at a high cost that the bugs will just be back next month. Unfortunately the landlord next door has a reputation on the block for being very cheap and irresponsible so I feel a little stuck. I've reached out to him and left a message. I hope he calls back. I'm committed to eradicating these buggers from my building but am not sure how to prevent them from returning. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 2:14:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Click the "A3 Superior" and "AAA Superior" tags at the top of this thread to read other discussions about this PCO.

I am not an expert, but I would discuss your concerns about the attached row house with this PCO (or any other you talk to).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. LandLordinRockland

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 6:01:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your response to my post. I have a few more questions that I will follow up with the PCO regarding containment and row houses. What is troubling is that my tenants and other residents on the block told me that there was a van with big tubes running from it into the neighboring building a couple weeks ago and a bunch of furniture out on the street. Everyone thinks it was a heat treatment done by a PCO using some kind of "clandestine" van. If the landlord next to me did some kind of treatment I feel that the PCO should have been obligated to tell residents/owners of attached dwellings that there is a problem and the solution they are undertaking might cause the bed bugs to spread. I strive to be a responsible landlord and just told the neighbor to my other side what's going on in my building so that she can prepare herself. It irks me that the PCO, who presumably is a licensed professional would act in such a clandestine fashion when his actions could impact others.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 12:20:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Landlordinrockland,

That brings up an interesting dilemma. Some of PCOs apparently provide bed bug treatment in unmarked vehicles. I suspect many homeowners don't want others to know they have pest problems.

You would have to check the local laws to see if an owner of an attached dwelling has any responsibility to disclose such problems.

Ultimately, you may want to talk to the neighboring owner and try to work with them so that you can determine if they have a persistent bed bug problem.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.