Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Mystery Bite Information.

(9 posts)
  1. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2007 16:04:23
    #

Login to Send PM

2. dcbug

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2007 17:31:21
    #

Login to Send PM

wow- thanx for the info. Sounds exactly like bed bug syptoms and the bites look the same. Wonder if they are in DC also...would sure reather be dealing with that then bedbugs!

3. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2007 17:47:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Personally, I think I would rather take the bed bugs! That sounded terrible. Think about the extra paranoia that would come with that situation!

4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2007 18:08:38
    #

Login to Send PM

How about this for an idea. Maybe some people could be suffering from both or mites after dealing with a bed bug infestation.

5. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2007 18:18:19
    #

Login to Send PM

AAGG! I think I can't read this post anymore! I'm going to turn into some sort of paranoid freak (worse than I already am) and resort to living in a sterile bubble environment. (As long as it wasn't manufactured in China?...lol)

6. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2007 22:40:15
    #

Login to Send PM

When you have bedbugs it is already a very stressful time, to understate things a bit. You feel (because you are!) under attack. If you have a confirmed case of bedbugs, I strongly suggest that you avoid subjects that will deepen your misery by either scaring you, or depressing you, or making you despair of your own situation.

When you don't know what is biting you, then research is necessary. But when you know you have bedbugs, you already have a full plate. The internet is full of message boards and other sites where people suffering for years from unknown maladies post stories that will scare the life out of you. Avoid at all costs.

It's always more useful to concentrate on action, anyway, and better in managing anxiety levels. (Yes, I love research but I learned the hard way to stick to what was productive.)

Just my two pennies.

7. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 20 2007 11:43:14
    #

Login to Send PM

currentinsomniac,
    Not a China manufactured bubble, I got a laugh out of that. What a wonderful sense of humor you have, that is what I was looking for. Keep a stiff upper lip.
    hopelessnomo, yes, there are wisdom in your words but I believe we all need to understand that other forces can be adding to a bed bug infestation and we need to keep an open mind. At the moment many people seem to be experiencing the mystery bite skin reaction thing and it may not all be contributed to bed bugs currently biting. Quoting an Entomologist friend of mine when I spoke about mystery bite/skin reactions. "Trends seem to be headed toward invasive species and drug-resistant diseases, which are things some had predicted."
    We are currently bearing witness to something that in my life I have never seen before and I believe that it will only escalate. We need to be open to discuss all information that we find because we need to be educated and understand all possible options, including delusory parasitosis. This is all a part of bed bugs in one way or another. For many research is a necessary step in the bed bug war and I would consider that step productive. And what if there is more to the bed bug picture than meets the eye?
    Just my two cents.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 20 2007 13:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Anything is possible, but I think it would be safe to say that most people who have once identified their problem as bed bugs, and then re-experience bites, are probably experiencing bed bug bites once again. That's not to say it isn't possible to have more than one problem, it just is not as likely.

I have to agree that most people with bed bugs do not need to start worrying about whether they have a second, concurrent problem.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 20 2007 14:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

After not seeing a bb for seven months I was receiving mystery bites and discovered a couple of fleas on my dog.
    Other things like static can make an already bb nervous person feel as though they are being bit, I have heard PCOs talk about that. Also it is stated on health care sites that some disease can cause skin reactions. I still do not understand the whole bbs don't spread disease thing and I believe that one day we may find out otherwise, I hope not but if so can it be that skin reactions be caused by our bodies immune system fighting off something inflicted on us by a bed bug bite.
    So my point is that other things can and do contribute to the mystery bite thing. Yes it still can be bbs because the pros tell us about the 12 month to 18 month without a blood feed thing but I still do not fully know the full details of that data I can only speculate and trust. Allergies to dust mites may cause skin sensations. Many people bring in house plants from the outside this time of year to learn that they just brought in an insect called a sprintail that can infest your home although I do not believe that springtails bite humans they may crawl over you and make you feel as though you are being bit by a bed bug. What about carpet beetles and allergic reactions that our over taxed immune system may be going through. I understand the logic in thinking that it must be bbs biting but I have startied to go past that and I now understand that many things can be a contributing factor. My way of thinking I guess is for people who are in a similiar position as I am. The new members who have just discovered a confirmed bb infestation of course should just concentrate on bbs but months later when they are in the process of the mystery bite thing then they will be looking hard for other answers too.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,362 posts in 46,556 topics over 141 months by 20,532 of 21,395 members. Latest: Bedbugvaca, jidhvs1, Darrellkking